TreeView and CheckBoxes
Author Message
 TreeView and CheckBoxes

Hi!

I'm writing a special TreeView-control. The TreeView is api-created and I
use TVN_*-notifications and TVM_*-messages etc for communication between the
TreeView and my UserControl. The control also supports checkboxes, but
there's a problem: I don't receive a notification when the check-state of an
item was changed. So how can I do something in response to a changed
item-state?

Thanks in advance!

--
Timo "TimoSoft" Kunze
www.TimoSoft-Software.de

Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:28:02 GMT
 TreeView and CheckBoxes
You should create a "subclass" control in C++ in order to subclass the
parent window.
This "subclass" control just have to fire an event on each windows message
it receive (you can implement filters too)

May be this control already exist as freeware or shareware.

But it's not a lot of work to write it...

Quote:
> Hi!

> I'm writing a special TreeView-control. The TreeView is api-created and I
> use TVN_*-notifications and TVM_*-messages etc for communication between
the
> TreeView and my UserControl. The control also supports checkboxes, but
> there's a problem: I don't receive a notification when the check-state of
an
> item was changed. So how can I do something in response to a changed
> item-state?

> Thanks in advance!

> --
> Timo "TimoSoft" Kunze
> www.TimoSoft-Software.de

Fri, 26 Nov 2004 00:40:23 GMT
 TreeView and CheckBoxes
I already use SubClassing (I should have written it in my question). The
problem is: There seems to be no notification-message which tells the
parent-window that the check-state of an item has changed.

Thanks anyway!

--
Timo "TimoSoft" Kunze
www.TimoSoft-Software.de

Quote:
> You should create a "subclass" control in C++ in order to subclass the
> parent window.
> This "subclass" control just have to fire an event on each windows message
> it receive (you can implement filters too)

> May be this control already exist as freeware or shareware.

> But it's not a lot of work to write it...

> > Hi!

> > I'm writing a special TreeView-control. The TreeView is api-created and
> > use TVN_*-notifications and TVM_*-messages etc for communication between
> the
> > TreeView and my UserControl. The control also supports checkboxes, but
> > there's a problem: I don't receive a notification when the check-state
of
> an
> > item was changed. So how can I do something in response to a changed
> > item-state?

> > Thanks in advance!

> > --
> > Timo "TimoSoft" Kunze
> > www.TimoSoft-Software.de

Fri, 26 Nov 2004 05:41:31 GMT
 TreeView and CheckBoxes
My suggestion would be to do a hit test on mouse down - you can test
for what was hit and I think that the checkbox is
TVHT_ONITEMSTATEICON.

Also, have a look at Klaus' CodeBox at
<http://www.vbbox.com/codebox/index.htm>

Hope this helps!

Graeme.

Quote:
>I already use SubClassing (I should have written it in my question). The
>problem is: There seems to be no notification-message which tells the
>parent-window that the check-state of an item has changed.

>Thanks anyway!

[...trimmed...]

Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:19:13 GMT

1. Treeview with checkboxes

2. treeview with checkboxes

3. TreeView - changing checkboxes to Checked / Unchecked

4. Treeview and checkboxes

5. Treeview and Checkbox question.

6. Treeview with checkboxes

7. Treeview with checkboxes property

8. TreeView Control - Checkboxes - the third state

9. Treeview with checkboxes

10. Q re treeview and checkboxes

11. TreeView-Removing Checkbox From One Node Level

12. TreeView and CheckBoxes