Problem using common dialog to select a printer
Author Message
 Problem using common dialog to select a printer

    I have a VB 5.0 project which has a command button to print two crystal
reports.  After clicking on the button the common dialog box appears for
report 1.  If I select our networked HP5si printer, LPT3, the 1st report
still prints to my locally attached printer, the default printer, on LPT1.
After printing the common dialog box appears again for report 2.  If I once
again select our networked HP5si printer, LPT3, the 2nd report will print
out to the HP5si.
    Any idea why changing from the default printer in step one does not work
while it does in the second case?  We're using NT 4.0, SP3, and VB 5.0.
Thanks in advance,
Steve

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem using common dialog to select a printer
We've installed SP3 which I thought was supposed to fix this problem.  It
didn't.
- Steve
Quote:

>Did you install VB5 SP1, 2, or 3 there were printer bugs in VB5 thta the SP
>fixed.

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem using common dialog to select a printer
Did you install VB5 SP1, 2, or 3 there were printer bugs in VB5 thta the SP
fixed.
Quote:

>    I have a VB 5.0 project which has a command button to print two crystal
>reports.  After clicking on the button the common dialog box appears for
>report 1.  If I select our networked HP5si printer, LPT3, the 1st report
>still prints to my locally attached printer, the default printer, on LPT1.
>After printing the common dialog box appears again for report 2.  If I once
>again select our networked HP5si printer, LPT3, the 2nd report will print
>out to the HP5si.
>    Any idea why changing from the default printer in step one does not
work
>while it does in the second case?  We're using NT 4.0, SP3, and VB 5.0.
>Thanks in advance,
>Steve

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using Printer common dialog changes default printer

2. Common Dialog Problem - Printer Dialog Copies Property

3. Cannot select different printer twice in common dialog control

4. Selecting what printer to print to with the common dialog control

5. Common Dialog - selecting & changing printer

6. How to use Print Common Dialog to send output to selected printer

7. Using Common Dialog control, possible to select folders and their associated files

8. Selecting A Directory Using Open Common Dialog

9. Multiple Select Using Common Dialog

10. Using the Common Dialog to select a directory

11. Selecting a directory using Common Dialog control

12. Using common dialog to select a directory