Please help --> Internet problem!!
Author Message
 Please help --> Internet problem!!

I am interested in creating a front end in vb5 for an internet search
engine, say, infoseek. I have all the nternet controls I need, but which
one do I use? Http? How do I know what syntax to send to infoseek, if I
am looking for, say, "monika Lewinsky"? How do I receive the reswults in
a way I can display them in plan text in vb5? any examples anywhere?
Thank you very much
Susan

Fri, 20 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Please help --> Internet problem!!
You create a reference to the internet transfer control under

project / components / microsoft internet transfer control

draw one on your form then buffer a string variable for inet return
(if you do not it will return partial pages sometimes.)
                HtmlPage$ = String(100000, " ")

FullAddress$="http://www.infoseek.com/Titles?qt=" + SearchWord$ +
"&col=WW&sv=IS&lk=noframes"

Then execute the OpenURL method directing the output to a string

                HtmlPage$ = Inet1.OpenURL(FullAddress$)

Give it a shot!
James Allen Bressem

Quote:

>I am interested in creating a front end in vb5 for an internet search
>engine, say, infoseek. I have all the nternet controls I need, but which
>one do I use? Http? How do I know what syntax to send to infoseek, if I
>am looking for, say, "monika Lewinsky"? How do I receive the reswults in
>a way I can display them in plan text in vb5? any examples anywhere?
>Thank you very much
>Susan

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Please Help --------->>>>AppLink Problem

2. Please help --> Internet problem!!

3. >>>> Tab Key --- Please Help

4. -->Internet Controls>-- Please have a look!!!

5. PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP, PLEASE HELP,

6. activex-->internet-->oracle client, help me?

7. WIN95 >>>> please help >>>NO SUCH THING AS SIMPLE CO....

8. --> Help please, database connection problem <--

9. Please Help: Problem with Internet Transfer Control

10. Help recasting UDT <<PLEASE!>>

11. PSUDOCODE HELP >>>>>>>>>>>

12. Excel->VBA->Help->Visual Basic Help