Resetting COM port with Comm control?
Author Message
 Resetting COM port with Comm control?

Does anyone know how to safely reset a COM port after a "data lost to
port" error?

In the debug window the value of the Comm control is -1 and the only way
to reset the port is to exit VisualBASIC and re-start it.  Not a good
choice!

If you could e-mail me then I would be most pleased as my ISP's
newsgroup selection software hangs at the moment so I can't join yet but
can send mail (hence you reading this - I hope).

Many thanks,

Richard Brooks.

         Latest lucky Bulk Emailer addresses chosen by my computer!

Tue, 22 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Stream input from COM port using MS COMM control: example requested

2. API to totally reset COMM port?

3. How to loop comm port control to read text files through serial port in VB3

4. reset com port

5. How to reset Com Ports??

6. Help on Comm using com port

7. Finding COM Ports - Mouse dies when VB talks to its COM Port

8. Comm port access or I/O port access

9. Read Comm port information from Control Panel

10. How do I get control of the comm port

11. Comm Port Control

12. Comm Port Control