Problem in using Win32 API function GetWindowRect() with VB.
Author Message
 Problem in using Win32 API function GetWindowRect() with VB.

You must define the type as:
Type RECT
    left as Long
    top as Long
    right as Long
    bottom as Long
End Type

A good book on the subject is :Visual Basic 5.0 Programmers Guide to the
WIN32 API" by Dan Appleman.  ISBM =1-56276-446-2.

Quote:

>Hi~~
> I want to use function GetWindowRect (ByVal hwnd As Long, lpRect As RECT)
>As Long

>  But I don't know  how to use it.
>     RECT is not defined type in VB..
> Please help me...~~

>                   wWWw

>                     ^ _ ^

>-----oOOo------------oOOo-----
>  SeungJoon LEE

>   http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~my123
>---------------------------------

Tue, 18 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem in using Win32 API function GetWindowRect() with VB.
Hi~~
 I want to use function GetWindowRect (ByVal hwnd As Long, lpRect As RECT)
As Long

  But I don't know  how to use it.
     RECT is not defined type in VB..
 Please help me...~~

                   wWWw

                     ^ _ ^

-----oOOo------------oOOo-----
  SeungJoon LEE

  http://my.netian.com/~my123
---------------------------------

Wed, 19 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem in using Win32 API function GetWindowRect() with VB.
"RECT" is a type you mut declare.

Public Type RECT
  xVal as Long
  yVal as Long
end type

Quote:

>Hi~~
> I want to use function GetWindowRect (ByVal hwnd As Long, lpRect As RECT)
>As Long

>  But I don't know  how to use it.
>     RECT is not defined type in VB..
> Please help me...~~

>                   wWWw

>                     ^ _ ^

>-----oOOo------------oOOo-----
>  SeungJoon LEE

>  http://my.netian.com/~my123
>---------------------------------

Wed, 19 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem in using Win32 API function GetWindowRect() with VB.
UM... RECT looks nothing like that. It is:

Private Type RECT
        Left As Long
        Top As Long
        Right As Long
        Bottom As Long
End Type

So you are missing half the structure.

Michael

Quote:
> "RECT" is a type you mut declare.

> Public Type RECT
>   xVal as Long
>   yVal as Long
> end type

Quote:
> >Hi~~
> > I want to use function GetWindowRect (ByVal hwnd As

Long, lpRect As RECT)
Quote:
> >As Long

> >  But I don't know  how to use it.
> >     RECT is not defined type in VB..
> > Please help me...~~

> >                   wWWw

> >                     ^ _ ^

> >-----oOOo------------oOOo-----
> >  SeungJoon LEE

> >  http://my.netian.com/~my123
> >---------------------------------

Wed, 19 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem in using Win32 API function GetWindowRect() with VB.
He's right -- you posted the POINTAPI declaration.
Quote:

> UM... RECT looks nothing like that. It is:

> Private Type RECT
>         Left As Long
>         Top As Long
>         Right As Long
>         Bottom As Long
> End Type

> So you are missing half the structure.

> Michael

> > "RECT" is a type you mut declare.

> > Public Type RECT
> >   xVal as Long
> >   yVal as Long
> > end type

> > >Hi~~
> > > I want to use function GetWindowRect (ByVal hwnd As
> Long, lpRect As RECT)
> > >As Long

> > >  But I don't know  how to use it.
> > >     RECT is not defined type in VB..
> > > Please help me...~~

> > >                   wWWw

> > >                     ^ _ ^

> > >-----oOOo------------oOOo-----
> > >  SeungJoon LEE

> > >  http://my.netian.com/~my123
> > >---------------------------------

Sun, 02 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem in using Win32 API function GetWindowRect() with VB.

2. Problem in using Win32 API function GetWindowRect() with VB.

3. Problem in using Win32 API function GetWindowRect() with VB.

4. Problem in using Win32 API function SetMapMode() with VB.

5. Using the OpenFile function from the Win32 API?

6. Using Win32 API Functions

7. Problem with VerQueryValue Win32 API function from version.dll

8. VB.NET and Win32 API Function Calls

9. Win API functions that don't seem to exist in Win32 API

10. Can't execute Win32 API functions in VB component from IIS

11. Help needed with using Win32 Net functions with VB

12. Help needed with using Win32 Net functions with VB