Class doesn't support Automation or does not support expected interface (Error 430)
Author Message
 Class doesn't support Automation or does not support expected interface (Error 430)

I have an ActiveX DLL written in VB 6.0 that works on my development machine
but when moved to a distribution machine receives the following:

Class doesn't support Automation or does not support expected interface
(Error 430)

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
--
Josh Blair
Internet Technology Consultant

Fri, 29 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Class doesn't support Automation or does not support expected interface (Error 430)
Quote:

> I have an ActiveX DLL written in VB 6.0 that works on my development machine
> but when moved to a distribution machine receives the following:

> Class doesn't support Automation or does not support expected interface
> (Error 430)

> Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
> --
> Josh Blair
> Internet Technology Consultant
> Computer Aided Business Solutions, Inc. (CABS)
> (303) 279-1868 ext. 110

  Sounds like you are missing a library that is in your development
machine.

Fri, 29 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Class doesn't support Automation or does not support expected interface (Error 430)

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Class doesn't support Automation or does not support expected interface (Error 430)
Solution:
I had to update the ADO libraries on the production machine.  I found the
update on:
http://www.microsoft.com/data/

Hope this helps others,
Josh

|> I have an ActiveX DLL written in VB 6.0 that works on my development
machine
|> but when moved to a distribution machine receives the following:
|>
|> Class doesn't support Automation or does not support expected interface
|> (Error 430)
|>
|> Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
|> --
|> Josh Blair
|> Internet Technology Consultant
|> Computer Aided Business Solutions, Inc. (CABS)
|> (303) 279-1868 ext. 110

|  Sounds like you are missing a library that is in your development
|machine.

Sun, 08 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Class doesn't support Automation or does not support expected interface (Error 430)

Could be due to a missing type library of your DLL. Make sure you have a
clean
registry and re-regsvr32 the DLL.

I've found that unregistrying DLLs with regsvr32 doesn't allways remove the
complete
registry settings for the ActiveX DLL. I expect you only get the error when
actually
making a call to a method. Does it instantiate okay ?

Andrew

Quote:

>Solution:
>I had to update the ADO libraries on the production machine.  I found the
>update on:
>http://www.microsoft.com/data/

>Hope this helps others,
>Josh

>|> I have an ActiveX DLL written in VB 6.0 that works on my development
>machine
>|> but when moved to a distribution machine receives the following:
>|>
>|> Class doesn't support Automation or does not support expected interface
>|> (Error 430)
>|>
>|> Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
>|> --
>|> Josh Blair
>|> Internet Technology Consultant
>|> Computer Aided Business Solutions, Inc. (CABS)
>|> (303) 279-1868 ext. 110

>|  Sounds like you are missing a library that is in your development
>|machine.

Mon, 09 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. class doesn't support automation or doesn't support expected interface

2. Error 430 : Class does not support Automation or Does not support expected Interface

3. Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface

4. Class does not support automation or does not support expected interface

5. Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface

6. 430 Err - Class does not support Automation or expected interface

7. CLASS DOES NOT SUPPORT AUTOMATION O DON′T SUPPORT EXPECTED INTERFACE

8. CLASS DOES NOT SUPPORT AUTOMATION O DON′T SUPPORT EXPECTED INTERFACE

9. Error: Class Does Not Support Automation or Expected Interface

10. Run-time error '430' Class does not support Automation or does not support expected interface

11. Class does not support expected interface Error

12. class does not support automation or interface