DataGrid Warning - Multiple-step operation generated errors......
Author Message
 DataGrid Warning - Multiple-step operation generated errors......

I have a form with an ADODC and a DataGrid control.  The DataGrid is bound
to the ADODC which has it's cmdText set to a simple query.  So far so good.

Now if I change the Adodc.RecordSource to a new string, then refresh both
the ADODC and DatsaGrid I get a warning from the DataGrid "Multiple-step
operation generated errors.  Check each status value".  Also the data in
Row1, Col1 appears to be incorrect untill a new cell is selected.

Now what's strange is that if I step though the code which changes the
RecordSource this problem dissapears.

Can anyone tell me what is going on here, and/or how I can get this {*filter*}
looking warning to go away.

Thanks in advance.

Simon

Sun, 30 May 2004 01:06:23 GMT
 DataGrid Warning - Multiple-step operation generated errors......
If the problem disappears when stepping through the code, it's usually a
timing problem. In other words, the DataGrid may be attempting to refresh
before the ADODC control finishes refreshing. Try adding DoEvents to allow
processing to complete between each step, like so:

Change the RecordSource
DoEvents    'Allow time to complete
Refresh the ADODC control
DoEvents    'Allow time to complete
Refresh the DataGrid

HTH,
Rocky Clark (Kath-Rock Software)

Quote:
> I have a form with an ADODC and a DataGrid control.  The DataGrid is bound
> to the ADODC which has it's cmdText set to a simple query.  So far so
good.

> Now if I change the Adodc.RecordSource to a new string, then refresh both
> the ADODC and DatsaGrid I get a warning from the DataGrid "Multiple-step
> operation generated errors.  Check each status value".  Also the data in
> Row1, Col1 appears to be incorrect untill a new cell is selected.

> Now what's strange is that if I step though the code which changes the
> RecordSource this problem dissapears.

> Can anyone tell me what is going on here, and/or how I can get this {*filter*}
> looking warning to go away.

> Thanks in advance.

> Simon

Sun, 30 May 2004 07:38:46 GMT

1. Error: Multiple step OLE DB operation generated errors

2. Multiple-step operation generated errors. (Delete Error)

3. Error: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

4. on Datagrid a get error message Multiple-step operation error

5. FileSystemObject.FileCopy Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

6. Multiple-step operation generated errors

7. Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

8. Multiple-step OLE DB Operation Generated Errors

9. Multiple-step operation generated errors

10. Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors....

11. multiple-step operation generated errors

12. Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors