OLE control and HP Deskscan object
Author Message
 OLE control and HP Deskscan object

I am trying to embed a scanned image from the HP Deskscan program.  The
Deskscan allows you to copy the image to the clipboard but the object will
not paste to the OLE container control.  If you save the image as a bitmap
and then copy and paste the file itself it works but this is too
complicated a process for the inexperienced user of the program.  I would
like to just copy the image to the clipboard and then paste directly to the
control.  Dragging and dropping the image would be even better but the
Deskscan program does not allow dragging of the image.  If the OLE control
does not have the class property set it seems to accept almost anything you
paste to it, except of course the HP scan.  Do I need to know the class of
the scanned image that is copied to the clipboard to be able to paste it to
the control?  If so, WHAT IS THE CLASS?  or is there something I have
overlooked?  I would appreciate any input anyone would like to give.
Thanks
Kathy

Fri, 21 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem in passing API to HP Deskscan II

2. displaying OLE-object from db in OLE-control

3. moving objects from OLE control to OLE field in jet database

4. VBA-assigning an OLE-object to an Ole-object-field

5. Printing Problems with HP 600 and HP 800 series printers

6. Printer Object and HP Deskjet Printers

7. Printer Object and HP Deskjet Printers

8. Printer Object and HP Deskjet Printers

9. Inserting an OLE object into an OLE field!!!!

10. Data Outline Control - Error Using Ole Object

11. Linking or Embedding an OLE object into an Access OLE DataType Field using DAO

12. OLE Control Object and Visio