Error '10048', Address In Use: Winsock Control
Author Message
 Error '10048', Address In Use: Winsock Control

Hello again,
  Has anyone run across this error?  I am using the code from the VB5
books online where it tells you how to create a multiple connection
server application with the Winsock control.  It works great when I
first make a connection, it properly loads a new Winsock control, but
when I close the connection and try to re-connect, I get:

"Run-time error '10048'; Address in use"

  I have even closed the connection properly and started the listening
control again.

Any help would be appreciated
Ken Fayal, Software Engineer
XyberNET, Inc.
Spam-Kill 5.3 remove ss to reply.

Mon, 11 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Error '10048', Address In Use: Winsock Control

The answer is in article Q173619

Quote:
>Hello again,
>  Has anyone run across this error?  I am using the code from the VB5
>books online where it tells you how to create a multiple connection
>server application with the Winsock control.  It works great when I
>first make a connection, it properly loads a new Winsock control, but
>when I close the connection and try to re-connect, I get:

>"Run-time error '10048'; Address in use"

>  I have even closed the connection properly and started the listening
>control again.

>Any help would be appreciated
>Ken Fayal, Software Engineer
>XyberNET, Inc.
>Spam-Kill 5.3 remove ss to reply.

Ken Fayal, Software Engineer
XyberNET, Inc.
Spam-Kill 5.3 remove ss to reply.

Mon, 11 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Error '10048', Address In Use: Winsock Control

Hey Ken,

Set the LocalPort property to 0

the winsock will automatically designate a random local port number for u
and u want have any problems. It takes time for the Windows to actually
close the connection approx. 4 minutes so if u set the localport = 0 it
solves the problem

Please refer to:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q173/6/19.asp

hope this helps
All the Best

Fri, 15 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Error '10048', Address In Use: Winsock Control

Anyone know from where I could find the Winsock control??
Any information would be nice.
Thanks in advance.

Quote:

>Hello again,
>  Has anyone run across this error?  I am using the code from the VB5
>books online where it tells you how to create a multiple connection
>server application with the Winsock control.  It works great when I
>first make a connection, it properly loads a new Winsock control, but
>when I close the connection and try to re-connect, I get:

>"Run-time error '10048'; Address in use"

>  I have even closed the connection properly and started the listening
>control again.

>Any help would be appreciated
>Ken Fayal, Software Engineer
>XyberNET, Inc.
>Spam-Kill 5.3 remove ss to reply.

Matta

Homepage: http://personal.eunet.fi/pp/norfix
ICQ#: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/7357236

Tue, 03 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Error '10048', Address In Use: Winsock Control

Doesn't it come with Visual Basic?  I have VB 5.0 Professional and it is
the "MSWINSCK.OCX" file, I think.  I'm not sure with any international
versions.

Quote:
> Anyone know from where I could find the Winsock control??
> Any information would be nice.
> Thanks in advance.

Tue, 03 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Error '10048', Address In Use: Winsock Control

Are you setting a fixed port on the client?  It takes four minutes for the
port to become available again.  KB Q173619.  Set the LocalPort to zero and
let WinSock assign it.

Quote:
> Anyone know from where I could find the Winsock control??
> Any information would be nice.
> Thanks in advance.

> >Hello again,
> >  Has anyone run across this error?  I am using the code from the VB5
> >books online where it tells you how to create a multiple connection
> >server application with the Winsock control.  It works great when I
> >first make a connection, it properly loads a new Winsock control, but
> >when I close the connection and try to re-connect, I get:

> >"Run-time error '10048'; Address in use"

> >  I have even closed the connection properly and started the listening
> >control again.

> >Any help would be appreciated
> >Ken Fayal, Software Engineer
> >XyberNET, Inc.
> >Spam-Kill 5.3 remove ss to reply.

> --
> Matta

> Homepage: http://personal.eunet.fi/pp/norfix
> ICQ#: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/7357236

Tue, 03 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Error '10048', Address In Use: Winsock Control

I had lots of such problems until I started doing a "<wsckCtrl>.Cancel" at
the start of my init routines. Now I have no problems.

:-) John Muir

Wed, 04 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error '10048', Address In Use: Winsock Control

2. winsock control problem - session doesn't seem to close - errors 40006, 10048

3. Winsock OCX error - 10048 : Address in use.

4. Winsock OCX error - 10048 : Address in use.

5. Winsock error 10048 "Address in use"

6. Winsock OCX error - 10048 : Address in use.

7. Winsock error 10048 "Address in use"

8. Winsock Control - 'Address in Use' Error

9. Winsock Controls and Error 10048 on Client

10. winsock error 10048

11. Winsock error 10048

12. Winsock control run-time error '10037'