Drag Drop Within TreeView
Author Message
 Drag Drop Within TreeView

How can I drag and drop nodes that are at the same level
(siblings), so as to change the order of the nodes at that level

I also want to bring along any children the draged node has.

I have tried creating a temporary node, changing the draged nodes
parent to that temporary node, and then reassigning the draged nodes
parent to its original parent, that puts it at the top
of its sibling nodes, under the same parent.

But now, how do I move the other sibling nodes above the one I just
moved
to the top. But I only want to move the nodes that were originaly above
the node that I dragged. Not the ones below it.

The indexes of the nodes colleciton doesn't change, so how do I know
which nodes to move, and when to stop.

Thanks in Advance,

Larry

Wed, 27 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Drag and Drop within Treeview question

2. Drag & drop action within ListView and Treeview

3. Drag and Drop within treeview

4. Drag & Drop from within a Treeview

5. Drag&Drop within TreeView control.

6. Drag & drop action within ListView and Treeview

7. Drag and Drop within treeview

8. TreeView Drag n Drop don't allow dropping a parent into a child

9. Drag/drop from Explorer TreeView to my VB TreeView

10. Drag/drop from Explorer TreeView to my VB TreeView

11. Rearranging items within a Listbox with Drag/Drop?

12. Drag/drop within same control?