subclassing
Author Message
 subclassing

Hello,

It seems that I have only been successful subclassing a form, and not an
individual control.  I say that because my custom WindowProc procedure only
gets called if the "hWnd" property of the following function is that of the
form's:
    SetWindowLong(hWnd, GWL_WNDPROC, AddressOf WindowProc)

So, that said, is it still possible to have multiple types of subclassed
controls all on the same form?

Thanks for any insight into this.

Wed, 09 Mar 2005 02:25:27 GMT
 subclassing
This may be what you're after...

HOWTO: Subclass a UserControl
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q179398

I like this subclassing component...

Subclassing Without The Crashes
http://vbaccelerator.com/codelib/ssubtmr/ssubtmr.htm

It allows both... the hooking of more than one instance of any control...
and more than one hook per control (if subclassing a control's parent for
example)

--
Ken Halter - MS-MVP-VB - Please keep it in the groups..
http://www.vbsight.com - http://www.vbsight.com/MultiColumn.htm

Quote:
> Hello,

> It seems that I have only been successful subclassing a form, and not
> an individual control.  I say that because my custom WindowProc
> procedure only gets called if the "hWnd" property of the following
> function is that of the form's:
>     SetWindowLong(hWnd, GWL_WNDPROC, AddressOf WindowProc)

> So, that said, is it still possible to have multiple types of
> subclassed controls all on the same form?

> Thanks for any insight into this.

Wed, 09 Mar 2005 03:08:05 GMT

1. Subclassing in VBA?

2. SubClassing Controls

3. WithEvents usage - Subclassing limitations in VBA?

4. Subclassing

5. Subclassing Question for a Real Techie

6. Subclassing Controls in VBA ?

7. Subclassing OpenFileDialog

8. Subclassing ListView Items Property

9. VB.NET samples for subclassing treeview, listbox, combobox

10. Subclassing textbox problem

11. Subclassing Components in VB.Net

12. Subclassing Textboxes, etc.