HTML Help with P&D: Htmhelp not found, MyProject.chi not found
Author Message
 HTML Help with P&D: Htmhelp not found, MyProject.chi not found

Hello,

I've an MyProject.chm created with HTML Help Workshop from Microsoft, and
added the help file in the VB Project Properties.

When creating a P&D installations, P&D asks for the HthmHelp.dll and the
MyProject.Chi, but I can't find these file on my computers.

When installing on NT or W2000 help start when F1 is pressed. On W95/W98 it
doesn't work, no help appears when pressing F1, however, clicking on the
.CHM file works correctly.

Someone know how to produce a correct installation for W95/W98, and where
this .CHI file is coming from?

Rene

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:48:31 GMT
 HTML Help with P&D: Htmhelp not found, MyProject.chi not found

Quote:
> Hello,

> I've an MyProject.chm created with HTML Help Workshop from Microsoft, and
> added the help file in the VB Project Properties.

> When creating a P&D installations, P&D asks for the HthmHelp.dll and the
> MyProject.Chi, but I can't find these file on my computers.

> When installing on NT or W2000 help start when F1 is pressed. On W95/W98
it
> doesn't work, no help appears when pressing F1, however, clicking on the
> .CHM file works correctly.

> Someone know how to produce a correct installation for W95/W98, and where
> this .CHI file is coming from?

> Rene

      HOWTO: Redistribute HTML Help Files
      ID: Q189433

----

  a.. Microsoft HTML Help, versions 1.0, 1.1

----

SUMMARY
This article contains information on how to redistribute an HTML Help
Project.

The following files must be redistributed with your compiled HTML Help
(.chm) file:

  a.. Internet Explorer 3.02 or above. There is more information about
redistributing Internet Explorer at the following Web site: http://ieak

  b.. Hhupd.exe. This file is the distribution executable that installs the
run-time components needed for an HTML Help Project such as Hh.exe,
Hhctrl.ocx, Itss.dll, and Itircl.dll. Hhupd.exe is in the Redist folder of
the HTML Help Workshop folder.

  The .Chi file is just an index of .chm file and is not essential for help
file, it's just to speed up search.

  Saeid

Sun, 31 Oct 2004 23:57:48 GMT
 HTML Help with P&D: Htmhelp not found, MyProject.chi not found
You may ignore the remark about CHI file and check it when creating a P&D
installations. This is for future use and is not important for now.
In order that your help appears when pressing F1 on any platform i suggest
you the next solution:
At the beginning of your form declare the function:
' declare function htmlhelp in order that clicking F1 during the Preview
will show
' the help file which exists in the app.path folder
Private Declare Function htmlhelp Lib "hhctrl.ocx" _
    Alias "HtmlHelpA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, _
    ByVal lpHelpFile As String, _
    ByVal wCommand As Long, _
    ByVal dwData As Long) As Long

add the next Sub:
Private Sub Form_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
   Select Case KeyCode
      Case vbKeyF1
' show the help file
         htmlhelp hwnd, "The name of your CHM file", &H1, 0
         KeyCode = 0
      Case Else
   End Select
End Sub

And at last, make sure the your form has the property Keypreview=True so F1
will work from any place on your form.

Moshe.
Erez Business Softwares Ltd.
Controls Web Page: http://www.erezsoft.co.il/erez_printpreview.shtml
Home Page: http://www.erezsoft.co.il

Quote:
> Hello,

> I've an MyProject.chm created with HTML Help Workshop from Microsoft, and
> added the help file in the VB Project Properties.

> When creating a P&D installations, P&D asks for the HthmHelp.dll and the
> MyProject.Chi, but I can't find these file on my computers.

> When installing on NT or W2000 help start when F1 is pressed. On W95/W98
it
> doesn't work, no help appears when pressing F1, however, clicking on the
> .CHM file works correctly.

> Someone know how to produce a correct installation for W95/W98, and where
> this .CHI file is coming from?

> Rene

Mon, 01 Nov 2004 01:12:55 GMT

1. Selection.Find.Execute does not find the text 2nd time thru the loop

2. Found or not found?

3. Error: pdsodbc.dll not found, 20532 cannot find database dll

4. Find not finding

5. license not found: you do not have a license to use this activeX object

6. ITS NOT A VIRUS, ITS A 404 ERROR, FILE NOT FOUND

7. msftqws.pdw - File could not be registered because it was not found

8. sporadic ISAM not found (NOT ini problem)

9. Can not load listview control - License not found?

10. Can not find SQL Server (I'm not using SQL Server)

11. VB6TMPL.DLL not found or not registered

12. Help----could not find installable ISAM----HELP