xml an VB 5.0
Author Message
 xml an VB 5.0

Hi

I'am developing in VB 5 and need to read a xml file and save the values
in some variables. What I have to do? Do I need to buy VB .NET. Or are
there some tools?

Thanks Josua

Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:36:20 GMT
 xml an VB 5.0
Since xml is plain text, you can code your own routines to read and write
it, but much better is to use a xml parser such the Microsoft XML parser
that you can download from the MS web site. It is an ActiveX DLL that you
reference from your project and provides you with classes and methods to
manage XML files.

No need to buy VB.Net for this <g>

--
Best regards,

Carlos J. Quintero

MZ-Tools 3.0 freeware 'all-in-one' Add-In for VB5, VB6 and VBA:
Find and Replace All, Code Templates, Detect Dead Code, TabIndex Assistant,
External Utilities, XML Documentation,  Private Clipboards, Statistics, Sort
Procedures and up to 40+ features:
www.mztools.com

Quote:
> Hi

> I'am developing in VB 5 and need to read a xml file and save the values
> in some variables. What I have to do? Do I need to buy VB .NET. Or are
> there some tools?

> Thanks Josua

Sat, 27 Nov 2004 15:29:45 GMT

1. VB 5.0 Professional Ed. suddenly becomes VB 5.0 Learning Ed.

2. VB 5.0 Professional Edition Vs. VB 5.0 Enterprise Edition

3. Can VB 5.0 work with Foxpro 5.0?

4. HELP !!! VB 5.0 + GRAPHICS SERVER 5.0

5. VB 5.0 and VFP 5.0 compatible?

6. VB 5.0 and Visual SourceSafe 5.0 Integration

7. True DB Grid 5.0 and VB 5.0 using RDO

8. looking for financial and statistical libaries (e.g.time series) - VB 5.0 or VC 5.0

9. Is a VB 5.0 ActiveX DLL Compatible with VC 5.0

10. Floating Point Speed - Comparison of VB 5.0, Delphi 3.0, and VC 5.0

11. VB 5.0 and VFP 5.0 compatible?

12. VB 5.0 vs PB 5.0 report