Urgent MSComm HELP!
Author Message
 Urgent MSComm HELP!

I used MSComm and VB6.0 under winNT to write an interface application
to an external device.  It works fine for all Win95, 98 and NT
machines but it wouldn't work for "some" Win2000 machine.  I put in a
trace with a line monitor and found out that the software do send the
message as I wanted except the checksum byte (the byte after EX or 03)
is missing in the problematic Win2000 machine.  Can anyone help?  Any
idea as to how I can tackle this problem would be deeply appreciated!

Eric

Sat, 05 Jun 2004 08:49:32 GMT
 Urgent MSComm HELP!
Hi,

Without code to go by, I'd be hard-pressed to offer any suggestion, other
than the obvious.  You have to look for what is different.  Speed?  Perhaps
there is a timing issue.  I run LOTS of comms software on LOTS of different
systems, with all version of Windows, and nothing comes to mind, immediatly.

--
Richard Grier  (Microsoft Visual Basic MVP)
Hard & Software

Tue, 08 Jun 2004 01:42:03 GMT
 Urgent MSComm HELP!

Quote:

> Hi,

> Without code to go by, I'd be hard-pressed to offer any suggestion, other
> than the obvious.  You have to look for what is different.  Speed?  Perhaps
> there is a timing issue.  I run LOTS of comms software on LOTS of different
> systems, with all version of Windows, and nothing comes to mind, immediatly.

> --
> Richard Grier  (Microsoft Visual Basic MVP)
> Hard & Software
> 12962 West Louisiana Avenue
> Lakewood, CO  80228
> 303-986-2179 (voice)
> 303-986-3143 (fax)
> Leave voice mail or fax that I can receive as email at 303-593-9315
> Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 2nd
> Edition ISBN 1-890422-25-8 (355 pages).
> For information look on my homepage at http://www.hardandsoftware.net.
> Use the Books link to order.  For faster service contact the publisher at
> http://www.mabry.com.

I just have another discovery.  What I did is as follow:

I use the same machine.
I took a new harddisk, installed NT in there and it works fine.
I upgrade it to 2000 and it also works fine.
I then use yet another harddisk and install 2000 onto it and it fails.

it looks like win2000 did something to the setup or whatever if it is
installed from scratch.

Tue, 08 Jun 2004 09:17:39 GMT

1. I need urgent help with MSComm limitation

2. MSComm Question... Urgent Help

3. URGENT : Please help with MSComm.

4. !URGENT: MSComm using COM3 on a shared IRQ

5. URGENT! GETTING MSCOMM.OCX

6. MSCOMM control - urgent

7. MsComm, Urgent!

8. MSComm control( urgent..)