Please help with Multimedia control (MCI32.ocx) in WinXP. Thanks
Author Message
 Please help with Multimedia control (MCI32.ocx) in WinXP. Thanks

I need some help here. I am a newbie at dealing with ocx files.

I was recently trying to add some multimedia functionality to a VB for
Applications (Excel) program I wrote. When I went looking for the MCI32.ocx
file, I could not find it. Then, I downloaded the MCI32.ocx file from a
website into the Windows\System32 directory, followed by successfully
registering it (regsvr32 on MCI32.ocx). After that I went to my VBA
application (under Tools, References) and created a reference to the file,
followed by adding the Microsoft Multimedia Control (Version 6) to the
form's toolbox. Then I tried to insert the MMControl into a form and got the
following error message: "The control could not be created because it is not
properly licensed". However when I go to the object browser, I can see the
MCI library listed. What am I doing wrong and what can I do to solve it?

I am running Windows XP (Pro) and have VB.Net (educational) installed in my
PC.

Thanks for your help.

JOCA

Tue, 05 Jul 2005 14:31:39 GMT
 Please help with Multimedia control (MCI32.ocx) in WinXP. Thanks

Hi

Take the control in from the components then it will be registered
automaticly

Quote:
> I need some help here. I am a newbie at dealing with ocx files.

> I was recently trying to add some multimedia functionality to a VB for
> Applications (Excel) program I wrote. When I went looking for the
MCI32.ocx
> file, I could not find it. Then, I downloaded the MCI32.ocx file from a
> website into the Windows\System32 directory, followed by successfully
> registering it (regsvr32 on MCI32.ocx). After that I went to my VBA
> application (under Tools, References) and created a reference to the file,
> followed by adding the Microsoft Multimedia Control (Version 6) to the
> form's toolbox. Then I tried to insert the MMControl into a form and got
the
> following error message: "The control could not be created because it is
not
> properly licensed". However when I go to the object browser, I can see the
> MCI library listed. What am I doing wrong and what can I do to solve it?

> I am running Windows XP (Pro) and have VB.Net (educational) installed in
my
> PC.

> Thanks for your help.

> JOCA

Tue, 05 Jul 2005 16:20:43 GMT
 Please help with Multimedia control (MCI32.ocx) in WinXP. Thanks
Dear Turan,

Sorry, I don't know what you meant. Remember, I am a newbie  at dealing with
ocx files.
By the way, I am using VBA instead of VB6 or VB.Net in a Windows XP(Pro)
platform.
Please, let me know what you meant.

Thanks
JOCA

Quote:
> I need some help here. I am a newbie at dealing with ocx files.

> I was recently trying to add some multimedia functionality to a VB for
> Applications (Excel) program I wrote. When I went looking for the
MCI32.ocx
> file, I could not find it. Then, I downloaded the MCI32.ocx file from a
> website into the Windows\System32 directory, followed by successfully
> registering it (regsvr32 on MCI32.ocx). After that I went to my VBA
> application (under Tools, References) and created a reference to the file,
> followed by adding the Microsoft Multimedia Control (Version 6) to the
> form's toolbox. Then I tried to insert the MMControl into a form and got
the
> following error message: "The control could not be created because it is
not
> properly licensed". However when I go to the object browser, I can see the
> MCI library listed. What am I doing wrong and what can I do to solve it?

> I am running Windows XP (Pro) and have VB.Net (educational) installed in
my
> PC.

> Thanks for your help.

> JOCA

Wed, 06 Jul 2005 04:46:57 GMT

1. Please, help with Multimedia control (MCI32.ocx) in WinXP. Thanks

2. Please, help with Multimedia control (MCI32.ocx) in WinXP. Thanks

3. Please, help with Multimedia control (MCI32.ocx) in WinXP. Thanks

4. Please, help with Multimedia control (MCI32.ocx) in WinXP. Thanks

5. Help please! Microsoft Multimedia Control 6.0 (MCI32.OCX)

6. Help please! Microsoft Multimedia Control 6.0 (MCI32.OCX)

7. Help please! Microsoft Multimedia Control 6.0 (MCI32.OCX)

8. Need help for use of the Multimedia Control MCI32.OCX

9. Microsoft Multimedia Control (MCI32.OCX)

10. Help - Problem with mci32.ocx/mciwndx.ocx on client machine

11. HELP: I need a multimedia OCX control for VB5 (ent)

12. Please help me with MCI Multimedia Control Error #322