Author Message
 COMCTL32.OCX won't load

Hi!

Check out:

http://www.*-*-*.com/
to version 2.20

http://www.*-*-*.com/
COMCTL32.OCX

Download and install the OADIST.EXE first, reboot, then COMCTL32.OCX
update.

I hope this helps!  You'll also find the reasons for this happening at
these URLs.

Shawn

Quote:

> I have a couple of small applications that use the COMCTL32.OCX file.  They
> were running fine the last time I checked them.  However, the other day
> when I tried to start up Visual Basic and open either of these two
> projects, I get an error message saying that VB can't load
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\COMCTL32.OCX, and it asks if I want to continue anyway.
> I say yes in both cases.  In the first case, I can still run the program;
> in the second case, when I try to run it (F5) I get an error message
> "User-defined type not defined".  In one case, I'm using a TreeView
> control, and in the other it's a TabStrip.  All my other projects open and
> run errorlessly.

> I checked the SYSTEM directory, and both COMCTL32.OCX and COMCTL32.OCA are
> there.  But just to make sure, I went back to my VB CD-ROM and pulled both
> files from the CD-ROM and reinstalled them into C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.  No
> difference!  I still get the error.

> 1)  What's causing the error?  Why can't it load a file that's there (and
> that has been loaded in the past)?  What's in COMCTL32.OCX anyway?

> 2)  How do I correct the problem?

> This is VB 4.0, 32-bit (obviously).  Thanks for any help, or even pointers
> to other newsgroups (if that's more appropriate).
> ------------------------
> Frank D. Nicodem, Jr.

Sun, 02 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 COMCTL32.OCX won't load

On Wed, 16 Jul 1997 11:16:38 -0700, "Frank D. Nicodem, Jr."

Quote:

>I have a couple of small applications that use the COMCTL32.OCX file.  They
>were running fine the last time I checked them.  However, the other day
>when I tried to start up Visual Basic and open either of these two
>projects, I get an error message saying that VB can't load
>C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\COMCTL32.OCX, and it asks if I want to continue anyway.
>I say yes in both cases.  In the first case, I can still run the program;
>in the second case, when I try to run it (F5) I get an error message
>"User-defined type not defined".  In one case, I'm using a TreeView
>control, and in the other it's a TabStrip.  All my other projects open and
>run errorlessly.

>I checked the SYSTEM directory, and both COMCTL32.OCX and COMCTL32.OCA are
>there.  But just to make sure, I went back to my VB CD-ROM and pulled both
>files from the CD-ROM and reinstalled them into C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.  No
>difference!  I still get the error.

>1)  What's causing the error?  Why can't it load a file that's there (and
>that has been loaded in the past)?  What's in COMCTL32.OCX anyway?

>2)  How do I correct the problem?

>This is VB 4.0, 32-bit (obviously).  Thanks for any help, or even pointers
>to other newsgroups (if that's more appropriate).
>------------------------
>Frank D. Nicodem, Jr.

There was an incompatibility between comctl32.ocx that shipped with
VB5 and that which shipped with VB4. If you have installed VB5CCE or
even a VB5 created application recently, chances are that that is what
has caused the problem.

See the MS Knowledge base articles

Q167121 - Updated comctl32.ocx
Q164529 - Updated automation system files.

I did what they suggested and everything appears to be working fine.

Jonathan

Mon, 03 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. COMCTL32.OCX Won't Load

2. comctl32.ocx version 5.01.4319 - won't load

3. 'comctl32.ocx' could not be loaded

4. Comctl32 won't load in VB5

5. can't load comctl32.ocx?

6. can't load comctl32.ocx file on some systems

7. can't load comctl32.ocx

8. Can't load COMCTL32.OCX

9. comctl32.ocx cannot be loaded...continue loading project?

10. Problems Loading Comctl32.ocx and Comdlg32.ocx

11. Cant load Comdlg32.ocx or comctl32.ocx

12. Problems Loading Comctl32.ocx and Comdlg32.ocx