Display ListView control with .View = lvwReport
Author Message
 Display ListView control with .View = lvwReport

With
    lvwFavorites.View = lvwList
I see the 4 items I've added, but with
    lvwFavorites.View = lvwReport
I see nothing.
I want to use the lvwReport view so that I select an entire row:
    lvwFavorites.FullRowSelect = True

What extra flag(s) do I need to set?

--
Graeme Richardson
Analyst Programmer

Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:11:38 GMT
 Display ListView control with .View = lvwReport
You have to setup columns! :)

Mikhail Berlyant
Data Integrator, Data Systems
Launch Your Yahoo!Music Experience  http://launch.yahoo.com
Brainbench MVP for Visual Basic   www.brainbench.com

Quote:
> With
>     lvwFavorites.View = lvwList
> I see the 4 items I've added, but with
>     lvwFavorites.View = lvwReport
> I see nothing.
> I want to use the lvwReport view so that I select an entire row:
>     lvwFavorites.FullRowSelect = True

> What extra flag(s) do I need to set?

> --
> Graeme Richardson
> Analyst Programmer
> AdeptX Limited

Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:17:21 GMT
 Display ListView control with .View = lvwReport

Quote:
> With
>     lvwFavorites.View = lvwList
> I see the 4 items I've added, but with
>     lvwFavorites.View = lvwReport
> I see nothing.
> I want to use the lvwReport view so that I select an entire row:
>     lvwFavorites.FullRowSelect = True

> What extra flag(s) do I need to set?

You don't need to set any flags.  You need to add columns (at least one).

Mike

Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:16:21 GMT
 Display ListView control with .View = lvwReport
here is a code for u

Dim mList As ListItem

Private Sub Form_Load()
lstFavourite.ColumnHeaders.Add 1, "Author", "author", lstFavourite.Width / 3
lstFavourite.ColumnHeaders.Add 2, "Title", "Title", lstFavourite.Width / 3
lstFavourite.ColumnHeaders.Add 3, "City", "City", lstFavourite.Width / 3

lstFavourite.View = lvwReport

Dim i As Integer
For i = 1 To 10

Set mList = lstFavourite.ListItems.Add(, , "List Item " & i)
mList.SubItems(1) = "Sub Item" & i
mList.SubItems(2) = "Sub Item" & i

Next i

End Sub

cheer up

Quote:
> You have to setup columns! :)

> Mikhail Berlyant
> Data Integrator, Data Systems
> Launch Your Yahoo!Music Experience  http://launch.yahoo.com
> Brainbench MVP for Visual Basic   www.brainbench.com

> > With
> >     lvwFavorites.View = lvwList
> > I see the 4 items I've added, but with
> >     lvwFavorites.View = lvwReport
> > I see nothing.
> > I want to use the lvwReport view so that I select an entire row:
> >     lvwFavorites.FullRowSelect = True

> > What extra flag(s) do I need to set?

> > --
> > Graeme Richardson
> > Analyst Programmer
> > AdeptX Limited

Wed, 17 Nov 2004 20:44:07 GMT

1. ListView Control in lvwReport View

2. Select or highlight a whole row in ListView lvwReport View

3. Listview Row Height (lvwReport)

4. ListView Row Spacing (lvwReport)

5. How to programmicly cause Listview to display its text from another line not in view

6. Customize default outlook Contacts View to display Images in the view

7. Display Bitmaps in Sub Items and column Headers of List View During Report View

8. Sorting a listview control in details view

9. SQL statement viewed in a ListView control

10. ListView Control viewing problem

11. Listview Control - Tile View

12. MouseMove event in ListView does not trigger when ListView in Small/Large Icon View mode