cannot see shortcut key in menu bar??HELP
Author Message
 cannot see shortcut key in menu bar??HELP

Hi

I have made a menu bar and the menu items contain shortcut or hotkeys (eg:
&File) which should produce an underscore under the F of File. But when the
program starts I cannot see the 'underscores' until I actually use one of
the (alt +F).

Is there a setting to make them viewable without having to physically use
them.

Thanx Ben

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 06:57:10 GMT
 cannot see shortcut key in menu bar??HELP
This is an Win2k display setting (and a FAQ). If you right-click the desktop
(opens the
Display applet), click on the 'Effects' tab, there's a checkbox that says
"Hide keyboard navigation indicators until I use the Alt key". Clear the
check in that box if you want them to show at all times.

--
Ken Halter - MS-MVP-VB - Please keep it in the groups..
http://www.vbsight.com - http://www.vbsight.com/MultiColumn.htm

Quote:
> Hi

> I have made a menu bar and the menu items contain shortcut or hotkeys
> (eg: &File) which should produce an underscore under the F of File.
> But when the program starts I cannot see the 'underscores' until I
> actually use one of the (alt +F).

> Is there a setting to make them viewable without having to physically
> use them.

> Thanx Ben

Sun, 27 Mar 2005 22:07:37 GMT
 cannot see shortcut key in menu bar??HELP
Windows XP (Home and Prof.) also suffers from this malady.

---

Quote:
> This is an Win2k display setting (and a FAQ). If you right-click the
desktop
> (opens the
> Display applet), click on the 'Effects' tab, there's a checkbox that says
> "Hide keyboard navigation indicators until I use the Alt key". Clear the
> check in that box if you want them to show at all times.

> --
> Ken Halter - MS-MVP-VB - Please keep it in the groups..
> http://www.vbsight.com - http://www.vbsight.com/MultiColumn.htm
> http://www.vbsight.com/TBGDialogCTL.htm

> > Hi

> > I have made a menu bar and the menu items contain shortcut or hotkeys
> > (eg: &File) which should produce an underscore under the F of File.
> > But when the program starts I cannot see the 'underscores' until I
> > actually use one of the (alt +F).

> > Is there a setting to make them viewable without having to physically
> > use them.

> > Thanx Ben

Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:10:34 GMT

1. cannot see shortcut key in menu bar

2. Shortcut Keys in Menu Bar

3. HELP: Menu with shortcut key fails on Win95

4. Cannot disable Alt+F4 keystroke and erratic shortcut menu operation

5. Setting Shortcut Text in Custom Menu Bar?

6. Menu bar and keyboard shortcut PROBLEMS!

7. Displaying Shortcut Key in Menu

8. Re : Shortcut keys in Menu

9. Menu editor - shortcut keys

10. invisible pop-up menus and shortcut keys

11. Changing menu shortcut keys at run-time

12. custom Ctrl menu shortcut-keys