Global Decleration - Problem.
Author Message
 Global Decleration - Problem.

Hi,
Very Recently i found out from the news boards that we can assign Global
Variables using the
"Global" KeyWord also.
This is working fine in my Office computer, but in my residence i use the
same VB 6.0, well it gives me the following error :

"Compile Error :
 Constants, Fixed Length strings, Arrays, User-Defined Types and declare
statements not
 allowed as public memebers of Object Modules."

why is this happening.
Any help will be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Ram.

Fri, 03 Sep 2004 18:52:37 GMT
 Global Decleration - Problem.

Quote:
> Hi,
> Very Recently i found out from the news boards that we can assign Global
> Variables using the
> "Global" KeyWord also.
> This is working fine in my Office computer, but in my residence i use the
> same VB 6.0, well it gives me the following error :

> "Compile Error :
>  Constants, Fixed Length strings, Arrays, User-Defined Types and declare
> statements not
>  allowed as public memebers of Object Modules."

The error message is fairly descriptive--I suspect it's accurate.  There
must be some difference in the code however, for a compile to fail only in
the one place.  Are you sure you're using the same code?

Fri, 03 Sep 2004 21:43:05 GMT
 Global Decleration - Problem.
You can't use Global in a form or class. Only in a standard module... and
even there, Global is a throwback to older versions of VB.. Public is just
as good.

--
Ken Halter
MS-MVP-VB

Quote:
> Hi,
> Very Recently i found out from the news boards that we can assign Global
> Variables using the
> "Global" KeyWord also.
> This is working fine in my Office computer, but in my residence i use the
> same VB 6.0, well it gives me the following error :

> "Compile Error :
>  Constants, Fixed Length strings, Arrays, User-Defined Types and declare
> statements not
>  allowed as public memebers of Object Modules."

> why is this happening.
> Any help will be really appreciated.
> Thanks in advance,
> Ram.

Fri, 03 Sep 2004 23:09:20 GMT

1. Global Class Decleration

2. Decleration Problem - Urgent

3. Type decleration

4. string decleration

5. mapi decleration in vb4

6. sophisticated decleration

7. SendInput Decleration

8. Need decleration listview LVM_GETITEMRECT

9. Global.MPT and Enterprise Global Template

10. Refering to Functions and Subs held in one global template from another global template

11. global.asa and global.asax ?

12. Non-global global recordsets?