Drawing Overlapping Controls
Author Message
 Drawing Overlapping Controls

As I understand it Z-order allows me to control the layering of like
controls so that I can force one to be on top of another but how do I manage
dissimilar controls (eg. a Picture Box and a Shape) that overlap such that
one or the other is drawn on top of the other?

Thanks.

Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:49:26 GMT
 Drawing Overlapping Controls
Z-order orders the controls only within their graphical layer, of which
there are three: the back layer containing the results of graphical methods;
the middle containing graphical objects; and the top containing
non-graphical controls.

Shapes go in the middle layer and pictureboxes in the top layer, so there's
no easy way to put a shape on top of a picture box.

Quote:
> As I understand it Z-order allows me to control the layering of like
> controls so that I can force one to be on top of another but how do I
manage
> dissimilar controls (eg. a Picture Box and a Shape) that overlap such that
> one or the other is drawn on top of the other?

> Thanks.

Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:22:34 GMT

1. Preventing overlapping time entries using Access and data control

2. Overlapping Controls; Rotating text

3. controls on form got overlapped

4. Overlapping controls

5. Overlapping Controls

6. Overlapping controls

7. Overlapping Picture Controls In DirectX

8. Overlapping controls

9. Drawing functions(formulas) to draw graphics Like Fxtools.vbx

10. Where can I find a good Owner Drawn Combo and Owner Drawn TextBox

11. put drawing object inside another drawing object

12. Are there any Text drawing functions that can identify and draw URL Highlighted Text