Run-time error 438 - Calling all VB gurus
Author Message
 Run-time error 438 - Calling all VB gurus

I have written an ActiveX, that was working great as of last week. I
have since switched computers and installed SP3. On the new machine, we
started from scratch and loaded Windows 95, then VS6, then SP3. I have
compiled my project, registered my control and now when I run my test
project, I receive this error:

Run-time error '438': Object doesn't support this property or method.

The control worked before, so the question is what have I missed?

FYI: I only receive this error on SOME (not all) of the public methods
of my control. It seems that only the methods that take parameters are
affected. I have checked, double-checked, and re-checked my OCX
registration to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Jeffrey Huntsman

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Fri, 17 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Run-time error 438 - Calling all VB gurus
is it possible that some methods now need to be Sets or something? Also,
possibly the references that you used for the object types in the variables
may no longer be available for some weird reason.

Of course, I'm not a guru, but I thought I'd say something in case no one
else did. :)

Andrew Parsons

Quote:

> I have written an ActiveX, that was working great as of last week. I
> have since switched computers and installed SP3. On the new machine, we
> started from scratch and loaded Windows 95, then VS6, then SP3. I have
> compiled my project, registered my control and now when I run my test
> project, I receive this error:

> Run-time error '438': Object doesn't support this property or method.

> The control worked before, so the question is what have I missed?

> FYI: I only receive this error on SOME (not all) of the public methods
> of my control. It seems that only the methods that take parameters are
> affected. I have checked, double-checked, and re-checked my OCX
> registration to no avail.

> Thanks in advance.

> Jeffrey Huntsman

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sat, 18 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB Run time error 438 : Object doesn't support this property or method

2. Run-time error 438 on some but not all machines (VB 4.0 16-bit)

3. Run-Time Error '438'

4. Run time error 438

5. run time error 438

6. run time error 438

7. Run Time error 438

8. Run-time error 438

9. Automation Error 438 when running a compiled VB program

10. Runtime error 438

11. Runtime Error 438 - What does this mean?

12. **** Runtime Error 438