DDE,VB Starting a VB App w/ RichTextBox as Default Viewer
Author Message
 DDE,VB Starting a VB App w/ RichTextBox as Default Viewer

I created a Form with a RichTextBox that I have opening documents with a
.bbb extension. What I would like to do is be able to double click any
document with the .bbb extension and have it load into my RichTextBox. When
I make the file association in windows, it will launch my app, but I think I
need a DDE command or something so my App knows what doc I just clicked.
Any suggestions?
                                Bill Mountford

Sat, 12 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DDE,VB Starting a VB App w/ RichTextBox as Default Viewer

Quote:
> I created a Form with a RichTextBox that I have opening documents with
> .bbb extension. What I would like to do is be able to double click any
> document with the .bbb extension and have it load into my RichTextBox.
When
> I make the file association in windows, it will launch my app, but I
think I
> need a DDE command or something so my App knows what doc I just
clicked.
> Any suggestions?

Bill,

This is easier without DDE. Associate the extension .bbb with your app
in the registry. When you double click the file is passed to the program
on the command line, use the VB function Command to retrieve it.
--
Roger Abbott
RHA (Minisystems) Ltd

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Sun, 13 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 DDE,VB Starting a VB App w/ RichTextBox as Default Viewer
The File that you double-click is stored in the variable Command$

RichTextBox1.Loadfile Command$

Quote:

>I created a Form with a RichTextBox that I have opening documents with a
>.bbb extension. What I would like to do is be able to double click any
>document with the .bbb extension and have it load into my RichTextBox. When
>I make the file association in windows, it will launch my app, but I think I
>need a DDE command or something so my App knows what doc I just clicked.
>Any suggestions?
>                                Bill Mountford

Mon, 21 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Killing an App started by IE in turn started by VB App from VB

2. starting vb app when another programme starts

3. Starting a Java app from a VB app

4. Starting a Java app from a VB app

5. Starting a Java app from a VB app

6. DDE after starting app

7. Visio Viewer in VB app

8. How to start default browser in VB

9. starting default telnet app and send commands

10. Problem running DDE in 2 VB apps

11. DDE source code between two VB apps

12. How to start the default email app?