Combo Box Text goes blank after selecting
Author Message
 Combo Box Text goes blank after selecting

I have a combobox on my form that has code behind it to
load a page if a value is selected.  However, when it
loads the 'page' the combo goes blank even if I specify to
set the text property to the selected value.  I have tried
setting the value in the module that loads the page and
also behind the click event of the control, but when
program control passes the click event the value
disappears from the cbobox.  I can't see what other event
of the combo box would empty the control.

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated

TIA

Dave C

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 03:41:39 GMT
 Combo Box Text goes blank after selecting
Hi,

What do you mean by a "page"?
I believe there are some issues with certain things such as displaying Forms
from a Combo's Click Event.

David
lilchips.com

Quote:
> I have a combobox on my form that has code behind it to
> load a page if a value is selected.  However, when it
> loads the 'page' the combo goes blank even if I specify to
> set the text property to the selected value.  I have tried
> setting the value in the module that loads the page and
> also behind the click event of the control, but when
> program control passes the click event the value
> disappears from the cbobox.  I can't see what other event
> of the combo box would empty the control.

> Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated

> TIA

> Dave C

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 04:00:56 GMT
 Combo Box Text goes blank after selecting
Thanks, but I got it.  By page I only meant a the info for
that element of the cbobox control.  But here is my
solution.

Part of my routine was refreshing information for the
cbobox itself.  That is why it had trouble knowing which
value to show.  This is because I was using the same
function to load the form from the cbo as I did from the
form load event.  All I had to do was to test for an empty
combo box since the values wouldn't change form the
initial load.

Thanks just the same

DC

Quote:

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 04:11:37 GMT

1. Problems making a automatic text box when selecting in a combo box

2. selecting records for 2nd combo box dependant on first combo box

3. Combo box sample for selecting text strings

4. Select all text when selecting a text box?

5. how to select a blank value for bound combo

6. how to get select a blank value for bound combo

7. Cetting A Report To Select Records Based Upon A Value Selected In A Combo Box

8. Limiting Access to Text Boxes, List Boxes and Combo Boxes

9. Combo box on fromHeader appears blank after requery

10. allowing a blank entry in a combo box

11. adding blank line in bound combo box

12. Adding blank item to databound combo box