Displaying a form within another form
Author Message
 Displaying a form within another form

Is it possible to display a form within another form ?

I am trying to create a user control that can be dropped onto a form in vb
and will allow a user to display another form within side it.

Is it possible using the OLE container control or something similar ?

Regards in advance

Mike

Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:05:16 GMT
 Displaying a form within another form
hi Mike,

that would be done with the SetParent API. Here's the declaration:

Private Declare Function SetParent Lib "user32" (ByVal hWndChild As
Long, ByVal hWndNewParent As Long) As Long

Greetings,
Benjamin Wilger
---------------
www.ActiveVB.de
---------------

Quote:

>Is it possible to display a form within another form ?

>I am trying to create a user control that can be dropped onto a form in vb
>and will allow a user to display another form within side it.

>Is it possible using the OLE container control or something similar ?

>Regards in advance

>Mike

Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:14:46 GMT

1. display form while a modal form is displayed

2. Displaying A custom Form Within Outlook

3. Displaying different picture file formats within forms.

4. Displaying external Forms As MDI-Child within VB MDIForm

5. Displaying an ActiveX DLL form within calling .EXE window

6. Displaying an ActiveX DLL form within calling .EXE window

7. Displaying graphics files within forms.

8. Displaying an ActiveX DLL form within calling .EXE window

9. Displaying an ActiveX DLL form within calling .EXE window

10. Displaying an ActiveX DLL form within calling .EXE window

11. Emailing within a form and attaching that form

12. Running a form on panel within a form