MSComm Ctrl (posting again)
Author Message
 MSComm Ctrl (posting again)

Hello Friends,
I am reposting my problem, till i didn't get a single
reply.

Here it is..
I am doing a project in Hotel Management usign VB6
and Access2k. The hotel is using the EPABX, it's a
equipment generally used in hospitals,hotels and
large organisations. This equipment
transfer the incoming phone calls to the rooms (manually),
and it registers the outgoing calls time, duration, ext no
and ph number etc. The registerd info was out in Windows
hyperterminal.
The EPABX was directly connected to the PC serial port
(9pin)
without modem.

Now i want to get the output in VB app, what is the ctrls
and code
i need. Is modem is required?.

Thanx
Any help and comments are appreciated

Rao.

Thu, 27 Jan 2005 18:44:06 GMT
 MSComm Ctrl (posting again)

Hi,
I will try my best to help you out but my VB is limited. First, what kind of
format you received on the port. Is it ASCII code? Or something else? I have
do a number of interfacing program for my company using RS232 port using
MSComm.

Michael

Quote:
> Hello Friends,
> I am reposting my problem, till i didn't get a single
> reply.

> Here it is..
> I am doing a project in Hotel Management usign VB6
> and Access2k. The hotel is using the EPABX, it's a
> equipment generally used in hospitals,hotels and
> large organisations. This equipment
> transfer the incoming phone calls to the rooms (manually),
> and it registers the outgoing calls time, duration, ext no
> and ph number etc. The registerd info was out in Windows
> hyperterminal.
> The EPABX was directly connected to the PC serial port
> (9pin)
> without modem.

> Now i want to get the output in VB app, what is the ctrls
> and code
> i need. Is modem is required?.

> Thanx
> Any help and comments are appreciated

> Rao.

Thu, 27 Jan 2005 22:28:13 GMT
 MSComm Ctrl (posting again)
Hi Michael,
I am receiving Character code only.Here available only
two ports,using one of it.
Thanks
Rao
Quote:

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 02:27:18 GMT
 MSComm Ctrl (posting again)
Roa

Are you trying to make a PMS using VB? IF so are you integrating in a
voicemail, are you going to give room status or are you just collecting smdr
from the printer port? Does your pbx give you the ability to change the
cos/cor of a room based on the room status?

Which switch type are you using?

I have used the MScomm control managing smdr for call accounting using vb,
and depending on the switch type I should be able to give you different
smdr, cdr formats that the mscomm control will receive.

Most hotel chains tend to use mostly Mitel as their pbx. I can help with
that with a little more info.

Allan

Quote:
> Hello Friends,
> I am reposting my problem, till i didn't get a single
> reply.

> Here it is..
> I am doing a project in Hotel Management usign VB6
> and Access2k. The hotel is using the EPABX, it's a
> equipment generally used in hospitals,hotels and
> large organisations. This equipment
> transfer the incoming phone calls to the rooms (manually),
> and it registers the outgoing calls time, duration, ext no
> and ph number etc. The registerd info was out in Windows
> hyperterminal.
> The EPABX was directly connected to the PC serial port
> (9pin)
> without modem.

> Now i want to get the output in VB app, what is the ctrls
> and code
> i need. Is modem is required?.

> Thanx
> Any help and comments are appreciated

> Rao.

Mon, 31 Jan 2005 01:04:09 GMT
 MSComm Ctrl (posting again)
Hi Allan,

1) Yes, i am trying to make PMS using VB, and i am not
integrating in a
   voicemail.
2) I want to  collect just SMDR.
3) My PBX supports COS
4) The swith type is Intele-switch.

Thanx
lokey

Quote:

Wed, 02 Feb 2005 01:29:20 GMT
 MSComm Ctrl (posting again)
Roa

I am a phone guy who`s second hack is vb. In any language that spells geek.
Anyway, Most PMS give you the ability to check in and out of rooms and the
billing is associated with that. When you book someone in you can `turn on
the ld` on their phone and bill accordingly. It does that by changing either
the cos or the cor  of the phone. Since you dont need that I will shut up.

The smdr is a string made each call, which the text information is always at
fixed distances along the outgoing string. Depending on the switch, the
string can be up to 150 characters long, and even though you may not see any
information there, eventually an alarm condition will send characters there.

My advice is to find out the maximum length of the smdr string. Then find
out the relative position of each piece of information, eg the date time
will start at character 2 and end at character 10, the dialed digits at
character 12 to character 50 and so on. Remember that incoming and outgoing
calls place information in different positions to for their call. If you
send me an example of outgoing and incoming strings I can help decode it for
you. You will see letters in there like s or x and these denote call
supervision. (who hung up first). You do not want to ignore them.

Allan

Quote:
> Hi Allan,

> 1) Yes, i am trying to make PMS using VB, and i am not
> integrating in a
>    voicemail.
> 2) I want to  collect just SMDR.
> 3) My PBX supports COS
> 4) The swith type is Intele-switch.

> Thanx
> lokey

Sun, 06 Feb 2005 04:48:38 GMT

1. CTRL-ALT-DEL in NT again

2. Trapping CTRL-ALT (AGAIN)

3. Send Ctrl-Z to Com Port using MSComm

4. Sending CTRL+Chr to MSCOMM

5. Send Ctrl-Z to Com Port using MSComm

6. sending ctrl + d through mscomm

7. Sending ctrl-Z to MSComm control?

8. HOW CAN I DISABLE CTRL+X, CTRL+V,CTRL+C

9. How to send a ctrl-A to MSCOMM

10. HOW CAN I DISABLE Ctrl+C,Ctrl+V,Ctrl+X

11. mscomm again

12. MSComm again...this time with our code...