Registering dll
Author Message
 Registering dll

Hello,

I need to register a dll from VB, but I receive the dll name at runtime!
I see 2 ways to register a dll:
1) Private Declare Sub myDllRegister Lib <myDll> Alias "DllRegisterServer"
()
    but <myDll> must be a const string, you cannot use a variable
2) shell "regsvr32.exe /s <myDll>"
    without /s, a msgbox appear (successful or not...)
    with /s, there is no msgbox: it's what I need but I also need the
information ok or not
So, I need something like a function DeclareLib which return a boolean (ok
or not) or a string...
Is it possible, any idea?

Thanks,
Sebastien

Mon, 08 Dec 2003 20:26:18 GMT
 Registering dll
If you download VBCodeLibrary, there's code in the demo version that'll do
this for you. Just pass the name of the component to this function and
you're set. I can't remember the name of the 'snip' but it's there..

http://www.vbcodelibrary.com/

Quote:
> Hello,

> I need to register a dll from VB, but I receive the dll name at runtime!
> I see 2 ways to register a dll:
> 1) Private Declare Sub myDllRegister Lib <myDll> Alias "DllRegisterServer"
> ()
>     but <myDll> must be a const string, you cannot use a variable
> 2) shell "regsvr32.exe /s <myDll>"
>     without /s, a msgbox appear (successful or not...)
>     with /s, there is no msgbox: it's what I need but I also need the
> information ok or not
> So, I need something like a function DeclareLib which return a boolean (ok
> or not) or a string...
> Is it possible, any idea?

> Thanks,
> Sebastien

Tue, 09 Dec 2003 00:29:18 GMT

1. Registering DLLs: stkit416.dll vs. InstallShield 3.0

2. Why does Setup not register .dll?

3. Urgent: Registering Dll files...

4. registering dll without rebooting

5. Regsvr32 did not work to re-register .DLL files

6. Registering DLLs

7. how to romote register dll file.

8. Register .dll

9. Registering DLL along with .net application

10. Register dll's on reboot

11. Setup unable to Register Dll

12. Registering dll's in Win 3.1 HELP!!