How to have multiple menues?
Author Message
 How to have multiple menues?

Hi all..

Besides the main menu, I want to have other menus to be displayed as
popups...

How can I accomplish that in VB 6.0?

Thanks

Sat, 22 Jan 2005 04:14:13 GMT
 How to have multiple menues?
Make the menus using the same menu editor used to create the forms menus.
The menus that will be displayed as popupmenus should have there visible
property set to false.

Place this code in the forms mouse down event;

Private Sub Form_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, x As Single,
y As Single)

If Button = vbRightButton Then PopupMenu mnuPopUpMenu

End Sub

The above code assumes the Popup Menu will be called mnuPopUpMenu.  Right
click on the form and your popup menu should appear..

--
Veign
www.veign.com

Quote:
> Hi all..

> Besides the main menu, I want to have other menus to be displayed as
> popups...

> How can I accomplish that in VB 6.0?

> Thanks

Sat, 22 Jan 2005 04:26:55 GMT
 How to have multiple menues?
Well, VB foregoes some flexibility on defining window menus in favor of
ease-of-use. But if all you want to do is display some pop-up menus, just
create them as part of your main menu and set their visible property to
False. They won't appear as part of the main menu then but you can still use
them for popups.

--
Jonathan Wood
SoftCircuits Programming

Quote:
> Hi all..

> Besides the main menu, I want to have other menus to be displayed as
> popups...

> How can I accomplish that in VB 6.0?

> Thanks

Sat, 22 Jan 2005 04:24:28 GMT
 How to have multiple menues?
I had used a similar code in a systray project. I had an icon on the system
tray and when the user clicked on it the event handler would call that
PopupMenu. Yet it didn't quite feel like a normal popup, since the only way
to close it, was to click on an item (normally you click somwhere else and
it vanishes).
Do you have an antidote for that Veign?

Quote:
> Make the menus using the same menu editor used to create the forms menus.
> The menus that will be displayed as popupmenus should have there visible
> property set to false.

> Place this code in the forms mouse down event;

> Private Sub Form_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, x As
Single,
> y As Single)

> If Button = vbRightButton Then PopupMenu mnuPopUpMenu

> End Sub

> The above code assumes the Popup Menu will be called mnuPopUpMenu.  Right
> click on the form and your popup menu should appear..

> --
> Veign
> www.veign.com
> NEW ActiveX Control - Jeweled Style Buttons
> www.veign.com/download_activex.html#jwldbutn
> Code Samples & Sample Projects
> http://www.veign.com/information/application/info_app.html
> Submit Your Best Code (you keep the rights)
> http://www.veign.com/information/application/code_submit.html
> ---------

> > Hi all..

> > Besides the main menu, I want to have other menus to be displayed as
> > popups...

> > How can I accomplish that in VB 6.0?

> > Thanks

Sat, 22 Jan 2005 05:51:23 GMT
 How to have multiple menues?
This is, believe it or not, "by design." It has to do with which window is
the active window.

The recommended workaround is described in MS KB article Q135788.

--
Jonathan Wood
SoftCircuits Programming

Quote:
> I had used a similar code in a systray project. I had an icon on the
system
> tray and when the user clicked on it the event handler would call that
> PopupMenu. Yet it didn't quite feel like a normal popup, since the only
way
> to close it, was to click on an item (normally you click somwhere else and
> it vanishes).
> Do you have an antidote for that Veign?

> > Make the menus using the same menu editor used to create the forms
menus.
> > The menus that will be displayed as popupmenus should have there visible
> > property set to false.

> > Place this code in the forms mouse down event;

> > Private Sub Form_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, x As
> Single,
> > y As Single)

> > If Button = vbRightButton Then PopupMenu mnuPopUpMenu

> > End Sub

> > The above code assumes the Popup Menu will be called mnuPopUpMenu.
Right
> > click on the form and your popup menu should appear..

> > --
> > Veign
> > www.veign.com
> > NEW ActiveX Control - Jeweled Style Buttons
> > www.veign.com/download_activex.html#jwldbutn
> > Code Samples & Sample Projects
> > http://www.veign.com/information/application/info_app.html
> > Submit Your Best Code (you keep the rights)
> > http://www.veign.com/information/application/code_submit.html
> > ---------

> > > Hi all..

> > > Besides the main menu, I want to have other menus to be displayed as
> > > popups...

> > > How can I accomplish that in VB 6.0?

> > > Thanks

Sat, 22 Jan 2005 06:02:11 GMT

1. Having trouble sending multiple emails using outlook object

2. Having multiple libraries.

3. Having multiple forms

4. Alternative ways of having multiple forms.

5. Random access files - having and finding multiple types of record in one file

6. ObjectButton - Having multiple buttons selected

7. HLP : Sending multiple commands to a dos box without having it close

8. Having problem with multiple client winsock control

9. Having problem with multiple client winsock control

10. Is Having Multiple Access Databases better than Having one big Access Database?

11. Is Having Multiple Access Databases better than Having one big Access Database?

12. removing buttons and menues when closing outlook 2k