New user needs help!
Author Message
 New user needs help!

I have a DBGrid with 6 columns.  Columns 1 - 4 are just for the user to
type data, however, columns 5 and 6 when the user clicks on them, a popup
menu comes up.  The click event of the popup menu seeks the database on
three fields in order to save to the database, two of which are global
variables and the third is the data in the first column in the grid for the
row they clicked.  My problem is this.  The current record doesn't appear
to be in the database until you click off of that row and then back on it.
Is there any way to force that column's data to go into the database
immediately?  I have tried in the keypress, after column update, before
column update and others etc. with no luck.  I have also tried to just have
the click event of the popup menu to put the selected item in the grid
(bypassing the seek of the database) hoping it would automatically save as
the rest of the columns do.  What am I doing wrong?

Sherry S.

Tue, 11 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. New User - Need Help

2. New user needs help with attached tables

3. new user needs help

4. New User Needs Help

5. New User Needs Help Quickly..Please

6. *New User NEEDS help!*

7. New User Need Help

8. I need help with a datediff problem ( a fairly new user who needs help)

9. Help needed by new user

10. New PB31 user needs help

11. New VB User Needs Help

12. Help needed by vbdb new user