Viewing Tif's from Visual Basic
Author Message
 Viewing Tif's from Visual Basic

I need to load tif images from a fileserver onto a client
application.  How do I load the tif image into a image
control.

Fri, 12 Aug 2005 22:28:21 GMT
 Viewing Tif's from Visual Basic

Quote:
> I need to load tif images from a fileserver onto a client
> application.  How do I load the tif image into a image
> control.

You best bet is to get a 3rd party control.  LeadTOOLS is an
industry standard, but will cost you $1000.  Given the complex
nature of TIFs, though, this is likely a good investment.

Sat, 13 Aug 2005 03:22:12 GMT
 Viewing Tif's from Visual Basic
On XP or 2000 SP3 with GDI+ you can use the microsoft replacement for the
Kodak controls no longer shipped with Windows. See
http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/imageapi/mswaidll.htm

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

# I need to load tif images from a fileserver onto a client
# application.  How do I load the tif image into a image
# control.

Sat, 13 Aug 2005 10:58:47 GMT
 Viewing Tif's from Visual Basic
If you simply looking for a solution to display and do minor
manipulation of the image, you may want to you Imaging for Windows
that comes with all windows except for some early versions of Win95
(though, I don't think you are allowed to "distribute" it).

In your VB projects, go to components list and look for "Kodak Image
Edit Control" (newer version) or "Wang Image Edit Control" (older
version). It allows you to displays, rotate annotate images in a wide
variety of formats.

Please be adviced that imaging for windows is by no means as speedy as
some of the third party controls like LeadTools, Kofax, VisionShape
etc, and if you are developing a production level imaging solution,
then it is recommended to go with any of these.

There are some free OCXes for TIFF as well, though I can't recall any
URL off hand right now.

Vikram Lele
Providing Components For Your Software Solution
http://www.viklele.com

Quote:

> I need to load tif images from a fileserver onto a client
> application.  How do I load the tif image into a image
> control.

Sat, 13 Aug 2005 11:20:27 GMT
 Viewing Tif's from Visual Basic
MS stopped providing Imaging for Windows with XP. Plus, I believe I've read
that Kodak is no longer giving the free control away. The MS replacement for
XP/2000 w/GDI+ is at the link I provided in the other message.

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

Sat, 13 Aug 2005 11:43:03 GMT
 Viewing Tif's from Visual Basic
Thanks Randy, I haven't been keeping very up-to-date with windows
imaging, which is really not suitable for high volume imaging
applications. Been using the other controls, that I mentioned, for
production imaging.

Vikram Lele
Providing Components For Your Software Solution
http://www.viklele.com

Quote:

> MS stopped providing Imaging for Windows with XP. Plus, I believe I've read
> that Kodak is no longer giving the free control away. The MS replacement for
> XP/2000 w/GDI+ is at the link I provided in the other message.

Sat, 13 Aug 2005 16:39:00 GMT

1. Viewing Tif's from Visual Basic

2. Displaying .TIF files in Visual Basic Programs

3. visual basic tif file properties

4. Question regarding Visual Basic and Digital's Visual Batch program

5. How to write Visual C++ DLL's and call them from Visual Basic

6. viewing Group IV compressed TIF?

7. vbx to view tif file

8. DLL/VBX to decompress/view TIF files

9. view TIF multipage inside browser

10. Viewing/Printing a TIF file from VB app

11. Needed: Image control for viewing TIF, PNG and other formats

12. TIF Files View/Print