ACtive X Document (VBD) 
Author Message
 ACtive X Document (VBD)

Hi guys ,

I'm learning how to create VBD file and from the book example I have created
a simple VBD document
with a few command button and text boxes.
It runs perfectly on my PC where I have VB5.0 installed.
I use the SETUP wizard to create the "Internet Download" and when I try to
access the HTM file
created by the setup wizard from another PC the VBD document not loaded.
When I click the myactivexdoc.htm , there was a prompt for downloading the
myactivexdoc.cab
and I answered yes. After , the downloading finish another prompt asking
whether I want to
Save or Open from the current location --> myactivexdoc.vbd

I think because of the VB runtime dll not installed right ?
The wizard doesn't include the vb run time dll in the cab file ?
How can I solve the problem ?
Thanks

--
*****************************************
- Alex  -
Information System Administrator

*****************************************



Mon, 27 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 ACtive X Document (VBD)

Quote:

> Hi guys ,

> I'm learning how to create VBD file and from the book example I have created
> a simple VBD document
> with a few command button and text boxes.
> It runs perfectly on my PC where I have VB5.0 installed.
> I use the SETUP wizard to create the "Internet Download" and when I try to
> access the HTM file
> created by the setup wizard from another PC the VBD document not loaded.
> When I click the myactivexdoc.htm , there was a prompt for downloading the
> myactivexdoc.cab
> and I answered yes. After , the downloading finish another prompt asking
> whether I want to
> Save or Open from the current location --> myactivexdoc.vbd

I think I went through this.

I have not been able to get an ActiveX document to work with Netscape
Communicator 4.02, even though Netscape says it supports ActiveX. (It doesn't
seem to want to run the VBScript that Visual Basic 5.0 generates.)

I have one at http://www.ganesha.org/spc/rndgen/vbscript.html (Visual Basic
Script for downloading the .cab file), which should work in Internet Explorer
4.0. It's a random number generator for making statistical process control
examples.

Quote:
> I think because of the VB runtime dll not installed right ?
> The wizard doesn't include the vb run time dll in the cab file ?

It may not need the dll. If you select, "Download components from Microsoft," IE
4.0 will fetch the required components from Microsoft's own site (a nice
service, if you don't want to put several megabytes of stuff on your Web site).

Has anybody been able to get Communicator/ Navigator 4.0 to open an ActiveX
document??? Any good online references?

--
William A. Levinson  http://www.ganesha.org


ix.netcom.com



Mon, 27 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 ACtive X Document (VBD)

Quote:

> Hi guys ,

> I'm learning how to create VBD file and from the book example I have created
> a simple VBD document
> with a few command button and text boxes.
> It runs perfectly on my PC where I have VB5.0 installed.
> I use the SETUP wizard to create the "Internet Download" and when I try to
> access the HTM file
> created by the setup wizard from another PC the VBD document not loaded.
> When I click the myactivexdoc.htm , there was a prompt for downloading the
> myactivexdoc.cab
> and I answered yes. After , the downloading finish another prompt asking
> whether I want to
> Save or Open from the current location --> myactivexdoc.vbd

> I think because of the VB runtime dll not installed right ?
> The wizard doesn't include the vb run time dll in the cab file ?
> How can I solve the problem ?
> Thanks

See microsoft offical support web site, they have suggested some method
to tackle it. The link I forgot, you may start from
www.microsoft.com/vbasic
--
Rgds,
Yan. &-)


Mon, 27 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 ACtive X Document (VBD)

You absolutely need to have a look as some KB articles : search for
ActiveX#Document at Microsoft Support.

--
Jean Gobbe

Quote:

>When I click the myactivexdoc.htm , there was a prompt for downloading the
>myactivexdoc.cab
>and I answered yes. After , the downloading finish another prompt asking
>whether I want to
>Save or Open from the current location --> myactivexdoc.vbd

>How can I solve the problem ?
>Thanks
>*****************************************
>- Alex  -



Mon, 27 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 ACtive X Document (VBD)

Do you have a plug-in ?
see http://www.ncompasslabs.com/framed/DocActive/index.htm

--
Jean Gobbe


Quote:

>I have not been able to get an ActiveX document to work with Netscape
>Communicator 4.02, even though Netscape says it supports ActiveX. (It
doesn't
>seem to want to run the VBScript that Visual Basic 5.0 generates.)

>Has anybody been able to get Communicator/ Navigator 4.0 to open an ActiveX
>document??? Any good online references?
>--
>William A. Levinson  http://www.ganesha.org



Mon, 27 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 ACtive X Document (VBD)

You seem to be having a lot of different problems.  First, for the VB
runtime files, you either have to have a live internet connection to
download them from the Microsoft site (the default choice), or you have to
specify a place on the server to download them from.  Second, the HTM file
that the setup wizard creates seems to be incorrect.  Look at the KB
article Q168431.  You might also want to look at Q167380.

I don't think that having to install the app to each client before you can
do an internet download is a good option.




Quote:
> Hi guys ,

> I'm learning how to create VBD file and from the book example I have
created
> a simple VBD document
> with a few command button and text boxes.
> It runs perfectly on my PC where I have VB5.0 installed.
> I use the SETUP wizard to create the "Internet Download" and when I try
to
> access the HTM file
> created by the setup wizard from another PC the VBD document not loaded.
> When I click the myactivexdoc.htm , there was a prompt for downloading
the
> myactivexdoc.cab
> and I answered yes. After , the downloading finish another prompt asking
> whether I want to
> Save or Open from the current location --> myactivexdoc.vbd

> I think because of the VB runtime dll not installed right ?
> The wizard doesn't include the vb run time dll in the cab file ?
> How can I solve the problem ?
> Thanks

> --
> *****************************************
> - Alex  -
> Information System Administrator

> *****************************************



Mon, 27 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 ACtive X Document (VBD)

Quote:

> Do you have a plug-in ?
> see http://www.ncompasslabs.com/framed/DocActive/index.htm

I'm aware of the NCompass plug-in, but I thought Navigator 4/ Communicator
supported ActiveX on its own. (Navigator 3 needs the plug-in). I'd like to avoid
this, since it isn't freeware, and I don't want my users to need to buy a
plug-in to use the document. Right now, I'm suggesting that they get IE 4.0,
which is a big download but which is free.

                  -Bill

--
William A. Levinson  http://www.ganesha.org


ix.netcom.com



Mon, 27 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 7 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. .vbd file question active x document

2. Active X Documents (.vbd files)

3. Passing parameters to active document (VBD)??

4. ACtive X Document (VBD)

5. Passing parameters to active document (VBD)??

6. Display a VBD file from an ActiveX Document Server DLL in a HTML Document

7. Active X .VBD file

8. Active X .VBD file

9. Activex document .vbd missing association

10. Help Can't See ActiveX Document (.vbd) in Netscape Communicator 4.0

11. Problem with viewing ActiveX documents (.VBD) on a client Windows station

12. Can't download my first .VBD/.CAB ActiveX Document

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software