ActiveX Param not firing event
Author Message
 ActiveX Param not firing event

I am creating an Active X control to put on a web page, I have two
questions:

1. It seems that using the <Param> setting to send in data doesn't run the
code in the property sub, am I missing something? I added some code, the
code I added isn't running.

2. It also seems that I can't get a property to work using a param that is
passed in, unless I created the property using the ActiveX Control Interface
Wizard to create it for me, am I missing something there?

I am trying to pass in a value that will be used in the
usercontrol_initiaize sub, but it seems that I cannot pin down when the
Param's are passed in, before that, or after that, and that I have to use
the wizard to get them to work correctly, I can't just write the code
myself.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brian Wallace

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:31:20 GMT
 ActiveX Param not firing event
You'll need to post some code for Q's 1 and 2.. and you can't pass
parameters to be used in UserControl_Initialize so.. tell us what you're
trying to do and we'll come up with something.

--
Ken Halter
MS-MVP-VB

Quote:
> I am creating an Active X control to put on a web page, I have two
> questions:

> 1. It seems that using the <Param> setting to send in data doesn't run the
> code in the property sub, am I missing something? I added some code, the
> code I added isn't running.

> 2. It also seems that I can't get a property to work using a param that is
> passed in, unless I created the property using the ActiveX Control
Interface
> Wizard to create it for me, am I missing something there?

> I am trying to pass in a value that will be used in the
> usercontrol_initiaize sub, but it seems that I cannot pin down when the
> Param's are passed in, before that, or after that, and that I have to use
> the wizard to get them to work correctly, I can't just write the code
> myself.

> Any help would be appreciated.

> Thanks
> Brian Wallace

Tue, 13 Jul 2004 23:12:49 GMT

1. ActiveX control causing subform's load event not to fire

2. ActiveX custom event not firing HELP -- URGENT!

3. Terminate Event on ActiveX user control not firing

4. ActiveX run mode terminate event does not fire

5. ActiveX custom event not firing HELP -- URGENT!

6. Destroying ActiveX EXE Object Does Not Fire The Class_Terminate Event

7. VB6 ActiveX Control -- Change Event Not Firing

8. Fire event with ByRef param from ATL COM ?!

9. click event not firing if lost_focus is firing first

10. ReadProperties event and WriteProperties event are not firing

11. PARAM TAG: Control does not Show after reading PARAM values

12. PARAM TAG: Control does not Show after reading PARAM values