Programming Card Games
Author Message
 Programming Card Games

I have an interest in programming some card games.  I have many card games
my mother and grandmother taught me when I was a much younger.  I would like
to not only pass them on to my own children, but allow them to play an
online version of them.

I have found very limited code on the subject.

I am looking for sample code, demos, and .dll's or .ocx's, preferably with
the code as well.

I do not NEED the code for the .dll's or .ocx's, but would be interested
nonetheless.

If I can find enough snippets to put together a functioning version of one
of the many solitaire games I have in mind, I will be able to put together a
tutorial of sorts to help others with a similar interest.

Thanks in advance...

--
Anthony G. Mosconi

ICQ:3484638

Sun, 03 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Programming Card Games
You might search the internet for cards.dll as there are a number of sources
where the documentation for the dll can be found. This is the dll that is
included with Win95/98 and NT. There is a 16-bit version and a 32-bit
version. Many of the freeware and shareware card games reference this dll;
the dll is used for the card images.

Quote:

>I have an interest in programming some card games.  I have many card games
>my mother and grandmother taught me when I was a much younger.  I would
like
>to not only pass them on to my own children, but allow them to play an
>online version of them.

>I have found very limited code on the subject.

>I am looking for sample code, demos, and .dll's or .ocx's, preferably with
>the code as well.

>I do not NEED the code for the .dll's or .ocx's, but would be interested
>nonetheless.

>If I can find enough snippets to put together a functioning version of one
>of the many solitaire games I have in mind, I will be able to put together
>tutorial of sorts to help others with a similar interest.

>Thanks in advance...

>--
>Anthony G. Mosconi

>ICQ:3484638

Mon, 04 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Programming Card Games
On Wed, 18 Aug 1999 15:49:55 -0400, "Anthony G. Mosconi"

Quote:

>I have an interest in programming some card games.  I have many card games
>my mother and grandmother taught me when I was a much younger.  I would like
>to not only pass them on to my own children, but allow them to play an
>online version of them.

>I have found very limited code on the subject.

>I am looking for sample code, demos, and .dll's or .ocx's, preferably with
>the code as well.

>I do not NEED the code for the .dll's or .ocx's, but would be interested
>nonetheless.

>If I can find enough snippets to put together a functioning version of one
>of the many solitaire games I have in mind, I will be able to put together a
>tutorial of sorts to help others with a similar interest.

>Thanks in advance...

If you're interested in the Internet angle to game programming, check
out our free SocketWrench package, which includes a general purpose
Windows Sockets control and dial-up networking control. We also
include the source to a simple card game, called Fantan, which
demonstrates the basics of a multiplayer Internet game. Although it
isn't specific to the topic of {*filter*}, we also have a tutorial on
TCP/IP programming that would be useful to developers getting started
in this area. You can download or link to our site at
http://www.*-*-*.com/ .

David

Tue, 05 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Programming Card Games in VB...

2. Card game program needsDEREGISTER

3. Card game programming in VB help!

4. HELP ! Programming a game of cards

5. Programming radio card and tv card

6. Game programming: Flickering screen and game borders

7. Game programming, what kind of games?

8. Card Game Download

9. Card Game Help

10. Sound Card Game Space Invaders For QBasic!

11. QB Card Game Help

12. card games