Flat button ?!
Author Message
 Flat button ?!

Hi,

   why property Appearance=Flat does not work for CommandButton?
CommandButton appears still 3D.

Please, help
Gorb

Mon, 31 May 2004 18:09:59 GMT
 Flat button ?!
If it weren't always 3D, a command button could never have the "pushed in"
appearance when clicked.  For as long as I can remember, a command button is
one of the few controls that has always been 3D.  Perhaps a better question
is why does a command button even have the Appearance property?  It doesn't
seem to have any affect at all, even if the Style property is set to
Graphical.  The only reason I can come up with is that command buttons,
option buttons, and checkboxes are all derived from the same Windows class,
the Button class.

In any case, perhaps a picturebox, or possibly even a label, can be used to
achieve the visual effect you want.

Mike

Quote:

> Hi,

>    why property Appearance=Flat does not work for CommandButton?
> CommandButton appears still 3D.

> Please, help
> Gorb

Mon, 31 May 2004 22:25:31 GMT
 Flat button ?!
Joe,

 There is actually a KB article about this. I don't recall the number, just
that it exists.

Rob

Quote:

> > If it weren't always 3D, a command button could never have the "pushed
in"
> > appearance when clicked.  For as long as I can remember, a command
button is
> > one of the few controls that has always been 3D.  Perhaps a better
question
> > is why does a command button even have the Appearance property?  It
doesn't
> > seem to have any affect at all, even if the Style property is set to
> > Graphical.  The only reason I can come up with is that command buttons,
> > option buttons, and checkboxes are all derived from the same Windows
class,
> > the Button class.

Tue, 01 Jun 2004 07:52:43 GMT

1. Free .NET Flat Button Update...

2. Flat Button vs Form Hide, Help!!!

3. Flat Buttons in Toolbars with .NET

4. Free .NET Flat Button Update...

5. Flat Buttons in VB

6. How to create flat buttons tool bar ?

7. Flat Button Control

8. Flat Buttons with text on top?

9. Flat button

10. Free .NET Flat Button Update...