How do Form close but don't unload it?
Author Message
 How do Form close but don't unload it?

Quote:

> Form unloads when you click close button [x] at the
> top of the form. Is there any way just to hide form
> and to avoid unloading?
> It's required because of large time is needed for
> form loading.

> Thanks in advance
> Andrew Tver

You might check into using the QueryUnload event.

Something like:

If UnloadMode > 1 then
        Hide
        Cancel = true
End IF

I am not sure if this will do it, but it might!
LFS

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do Form close but don't unload it?
Form unloads when you click close button [x] at the
top of the form. Is there any way just to hide form
and to avoid unloading?
It's required because of large time is needed for
form loading.

Thanks in advance
Andrew Tver

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do Form close but don't unload it?
Thanks a lot, it works perfectly!
Andrew Tver
Quote:

> You might check into using the QueryUnload event.

> Something like:

> If UnloadMode > 1 then
>         Hide
>         Cancel = true
> End IF

> I am not sure if this will do it, but it might!
> LFS

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. don't close form after Form_Error

2. Closing an DataReport (Designer), don't closes

3. Unload form doesn't unload

4. Refresh/Requery don't seem to work while doing file I/O

5. Unloading or hiding a form in the form's load event

6. Close oXL from Word, and don't save changes

7. Unloading modal owner form also unloads modal form?

8. Help: MsDos windows don't close...

9. VB don't want to close Excel

10. Some Windows Don't Close

11. Unloading a 'Dim'ed Form

12. Tip : VB.NET Form Won't Close on Me.Close + User Controls