Disable the use of keyboard and mouse in visual basic 5.0
Author Message
 Disable the use of keyboard and mouse in visual basic 5.0

Hi all,

I am writing a program, now i want to make an application that disables the
use of the keyboard and mouse.
But i don't have a clue how to handle this

Please help me,

reply or e-mail me on

Tue, 05 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Disable the use of keyboard and mouse in visual basic 5.0

Quote:
>I am writing a program, now i want to make an application that disables the
>use of the keyboard and mouse.
>But i don't have a clue how to handle this

First, don't cross-post to so many groups. One or maybe two is enough.

The question is why are you wanting to do this. Under most typical user
configurations you would not want to do this. To do so in these situations
would be a very bad UI design. There are cases, such as info kiosk,
point-of-sale, etc. where you need more control. In these conditions, it is
best to control the user via system configuration policies and/or hardware
methods(lockable or specialized keyboards, touch screens, etc.).

Frank Carr

Tue, 05 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Disable the use of keyboard and mouse in visual basic 5.0

Frank Carr heeft geschreven in bericht

Quote:

>>I am writing a program, now i want to make an application that disables
the
>>use of the keyboard and mouse.
>>But i don't have a clue how to handle this

>First, don't cross-post to so many groups. One or maybe two is enough.

>The question is why are you wanting to do this. Under most typical user
>configurations you would not want to do this. To do so in these situations
>would be a very bad UI design. There are cases, such as info kiosk,
>point-of-sale, etc. where you need more control. In these conditions, it is
>best to control the user via system configuration policies and/or hardware
>methods(lockable or specialized keyboards, touch screens, etc.).

>Frank Carr

Hi Frank,
First I would like to thank you for replying on my request.
Second I would like to apologize for my huge posting to the newsgroups, but
I am a programmer and I need this code really fast.
Now I will explain why I need to write this application.
I am writing a program for 24 computers. These programs will listen by our
LAN to a certain port.
One computer will be the client. A person on that computer should be able to
:
Shutdown the computers by the LAN
Restart the computers by the LAN
Change the screenresolution by the LAN
Disable and Enable the use of mouse and keyboard by the LAN
Of all 24 computers.
The first 4 items are allready working. But now I have to write the
application to disable-enable the use of mouse and keyboard.
Could you help me a little more specific?
Thanks,
Marc van der Wielen

Sat, 09 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Disable the use of keyboard and mouse in visual basic 5.0

Marc,
  To disable the keyboard, I think you should be able to set the KeyPreview
property of your form(s) to True, which will cause the form to see any
keystrokes before any control does, and then in the form event Form_KeyPress
you can change the "keyascii" parameter to 0 which cancels the keystroke. I
don't know about the mouse.
Mike

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I am writing a program, now i want to make an application that disables the
> use of the keyboard and mouse.
> But i don't have a clue how to handle this

> Please help me,

> reply or e-mail me on

Mon, 11 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Disable the use of keyboard and mouse in visual basic 5.0

I use a little ActiveX control called ActiveCursor.  There are other
ways but this works just fine and I think it's freeware (can't
remember if I had to register it or not).

I found it at www.activex.com.  If you can't find it let me know and I
will send you a copy.

-Allan

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998 14:19:14 +0200, "Marc van der Wielen"

Quote:

>Hi all,

>I am writing a program, now i want to make an application that disables the
>use of the keyboard and mouse.
>But i don't have a clue how to handle this

>Please help me,

>reply or e-mail me on

Mon, 11 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Disable the use of keyboard and mouse in visual basic 5.0

This will only work for that application.  It will not work for the rest of
the system (if that application is not active.)  You may be able to have it
work fot the system by keeping the window active.

Jeffrey Levy

Quote:

>Marc,
>  To disable the keyboard, I think you should be able to set the KeyPreview
>property of your form(s) to True, which will cause the form to see any
>keystrokes before any control does, and then in the form event
Form_KeyPress
>you can change the "keyascii" parameter to 0 which cancels the keystroke. I
>don't know about the mouse.
>Mike

>> Hi all,

>> I am writing a program, now i want to make an application that disables
the
>> use of the keyboard and mouse.
>> But i don't have a clue how to handle this

>> Please help me,

>> reply or e-mail me on

Thu, 14 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Disable the use of keyboard and mouse in visual basic 5.0

2. Looking for differences between Visual Basic 5.0 enterprise and Visual Basic 5.0 Profesional

3. Disabling Keys in Visual Basic 5.0

4. Disable right mouse shortcut keys in visual basic

5. Can I use Visual Foxpro 5.0 and Visual Basic 5.0

6. Calling Visual C++ 5.0 DLL Functions From Visual Basic 5.0

8. Visual Basic 5.0 vs. Visual Basic 4.0

9. Disable/Enable mouse and keyboard

10. Disabling keyboard entry and mouse click

11. Disable Mouse & Keyboard question

12. Disable Keyboard and Mouse Input