DAO or Data Bound Control within Active X Document
Author Message
 DAO or Data Bound Control within Active X Document

Hi guys ,

I'm using active x document and everything is working fine until 1 page I
had put in Data control.
Of course it works again in the development PC but not working in other PC.

Error message : couldn't find d:\myintranet\mydb.mdb

After that , I try to switch to use DAO

set db = opendatabase(mydb.mdb)

Error message : couldn't find c:\windows\desktop\mydb.mdb

How can I tell the Data control or the DAO to open the database which is
reside in the
web server not in the local hardisk ?

thanks

- Alex  -
Information System Administrator

Sun, 17 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DAO or Data Bound Control within Active X Document

Is the Access Database file in the same directory of the other PC's as it is
on the development PC?  This is usually the cause of this error.

Colin Anderson
www.alba-networks.co.uk

Quote:

>Hi guys ,

>I'm using active x document and everything is working fine until 1 page I
>had put in Data control.
>Of course it works again in the development PC but not working in other PC.

>Error message : couldn't find d:\myintranet\mydb.mdb

>After that , I try to switch to use DAO

>set db = opendatabase(mydb.mdb)

>Error message : couldn't find c:\windows\desktop\mydb.mdb

>How can I tell the Data control or the DAO to open the database which is
>reside in the
>web server not in the local hardisk ?

>thanks

>--
>- Alex  -
>Information System Administrator

Sun, 17 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DAO or Data Bound Control within Active X Document

Alex,
        What I did to work around possible DB location changes, both at the
office and when I might be working off-line at thome, was to create a
small database of available databases and put the DBName, DBPath and
DBDrive info in there. This also allows new databases to be added to my
application by just updating the references in the small database.
        BTW, I have the setup wizard include this database of 'Online'
databases with my project, then locate it with:
"App.Path & '\Online.MDB'".
        I hope this idea helps you.
--
Larry Mackie

Sun, 17 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 DAO or Data Bound Control within Active X Document

Create a System DSN (NT ODBC).  Then you reference the database via
the DSN instead of a path.

Quote:
>Hi guys ,

>I'm using active x document and everything is working fine until 1 page I
>had put in Data control.
>Of course it works again in the development PC but not working in other PC.

>Error message : couldn't find d:\myintranet\mydb.mdb

>After that , I try to switch to use DAO

>set db = opendatabase(mydb.mdb)

>Error message : couldn't find c:\windows\desktop\mydb.mdb

>How can I tell the Data control or the DAO to open the database which is
>reside in the
>web server not in the local hardisk ?

>thanks

>--
>- Alex  -
>Information System Administrator

Tue, 19 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Data Bound Combo Box within a Data Bound Grid

2. Data-bound Masked Edit makes all data-bound controls not display data

3. Combo Box Within A Data Bound Grid Control

4. VB5 DAO Data Bound Controls Not Displaying

5. DAO v Data Bound Controls

6. VB5 DAO Data Bound Controls Not Displaying

7. DAO/SQL padding data in bound controls??

8. Data-Bound Vs. Non-Data-Bound Controls

9. Data-Bound Vs. Non-Data-Bound Controls

10. Data-Bound Vs. Non-Data-Bound Controls

11. Determine Range within Active Document

12. Tabbing within an Active Document hosted in IE 3.0