Playing .wav files
Author Message
 Playing .wav files

I understand how to get a form to use beep to make a sound, but how do I
incorporate a specific wav file or any other music file in a form such as
with a timer?
Chuck

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Playing .wav files

Quote:

> I understand how to get a form to use beep to make a sound, but how do I
> incorporate a specific wav file or any other music file in a form such as
> with a timer?
> Chuck

There are two methods to accomplish this task.  The Windows API and
the Multimedia control.  I prefer the control.  You can set its
visible property to false so that it is not seen on the form and
use the MMControl commands "Play", "Stop", etc. to play the
specific WAV file you want to hear.

If you do not have the professional edition of VB you may not have
the multimedia control.

If you don't mind spending $25.00 or so for an OCX or VBX depending
on the version of VB that you are running go to the Mabry software
site and get the Wave control.  It works very close to the VB
multimedia control and you can get more information at this URL
http://www.mabry.com/wave/index.htm

I am not very good with the API so I'll quit here.

Thu, 26 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Playing WAV files and MIDI files

2. Playing .wav files or .mid files

3. Problem playing wav file from code in VBA

4. How to play Wav files

5. I cant play Wav files in my prodject.

6. automatically playing wav files in a document

7. Playing .wav files in a ASP.NET Web Application

8. How to play WAV files saved in Access table

9. Playing wav files with Tapi

10. How do I play wav files etc in a VB.net program

11. How to play .wav file in vb.net

12. Play WAV file from VB6 and VB.NET