Transparent Container Usercontrol? How?
Author Message
 Transparent Container Usercontrol? How?

I'm curious as to the best method to make my UserControl (which is a
Container) transparent so that the background shows through, but the
children controls placed in the container are properly refreshed (this
includes labels).  Any examples or recommendations floating around?

Of course setting the .Backstyle of the Usercontrol to Transparent works

great with allowing the background to show through, but causes all of
the children to not refresh.  Whose bright idea that was is beyond me...

Thanks much!

David Allen
VB Designs, L.L.C.

Mon, 08 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Transparent Container Usercontrol? How?
Look at the cause of your refresh problems because the scenario described
by you below works for me.

MVG
   Arjen

--

Cyco Software

Quote:
> I'm curious as to the best method to make my UserControl (which is a
> Container) transparent so that the background shows through, but the
> children controls placed in the container are properly refreshed (this
> includes labels).  Any examples or recommendations floating around?

> Of course setting the .Backstyle of the Usercontrol to Transparent works

> great with allowing the background to show through, but causes all of
> the children to not refresh.  Whose bright idea that was is beyond me...

Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to make a Usercontrol a Transparent Container?

2. Transparent UserControl with transparent label - Anyone?

3. Transparent UserControl with transparent label

4. Usercontrol as a control container

5. How to set a controls container to a control on a UserControl

6. Picturebox Container in Usercontrol

7. Show usercontrol past container boundary

8. How to create a usercontrol that can extend over the edge of the container form

9. Can't get HWnd of real parent form since usercontrol container changes during load

10. control array on container usercontrol

11. How can a usercontrol detect when it is moved on its container

12. Using a PictureBox as a Container on a UserControl