Data Report Needs som refresh or something like this
Author Message
 Data Report Needs som refresh or something like this

I have a definde query with parameters that fills a temp{*filter*}table on
MS-Access 97.

This table is the data source of my data report.

Sometimes works fine the first time... the next time repeat the same
data (even when they have to change) it's like if data report needs some
refresh.... (The refresh method doesn't work i've already tried)

Other times it shows a blank page (even when it has to show data)...

Is a problem from Data Report or Data Environment?

How can I fix that?

Please I really need your help

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Data Report Needs som refresh or something like this

Quote:

> I have a definde query with parameters that fills a temp{*filter*}table on
> MS-Access 97.

> This table is the data source of my data report.

> Sometimes works fine the first time... the next time repeat the same
> data (even when they have to change) it's like if data report needs some
> refresh.... (The refresh method doesn't work i've already tried)

> Other times it shows a blank page (even when it has to show data)...

> Is a problem from Data Report or Data Environment?

> How can I fix that?

> Please I really need your help

I read somewhere this is a knew problem
Try this from the form you are using to show report

Load dtpyourreport
me.setfocus
dtpyourreport.show

It should work

bye
Andrea

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Data Report Needs som refresh or something like this
I had a similiar problem.  Under the assumption that you're using a
data environment to build your report... question:  What method are
you using to add your data to the "temp{*filter*}table" in the Access
database?

If you are using anything other than the same data environment
connection, the problem is that your data environment is not in sync
(and won't be unless you force it) with your "other connection".

Here's what I did...  I was using a connection in my code to add the
data for the report to a table (i.e.   dim db as connection), while my
Data Reports were based on tables in a Data Environment connection.  I
had the same problem when I opened the report.  To fix this, I...

1) Set up my own connection
2) Opened the data environment
3) Set my connection TO the data environment connection
    (set db = DataEnvironment1.Connection1)

By doing this, my code and the reports were using the same connection,
and I didn't have to change all of my code to use the
DataEnviroment.Connection1 connection.

This may not be the best way to go about this, I'd welcome any other
suggestions, but it works.  I haven't had a problem since.

Dan

On Tue, 05 Dec 2000 05:23:13 -0500, Maribel Ortiz

Quote:

>I have a definde query with parameters that fills a temp{*filter*}table on
>MS-Access 97.

>This table is the data source of my data report.

>Sometimes works fine the first time... the next time repeat the same
>data (even when they have to change) it's like if data report needs some
>refresh.... (The refresh method doesn't work i've already tried)

>Other times it shows a blank page (even when it has to show data)...

>Is a problem from Data Report or Data Environment?

>How can I fix that?

>Please I really need your help

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Data Report Needs som refresh or something like this
Use the report_Initialise to regenerate your query. It is a know bug, but
Microsft solution does not work

Here's what to do. I build my sqlQuery before calling the report.

Public VarSQL as variant

varSQL = "SELECT * FROM tblTableName where tblTableName.FieldsName = 1;"
rptReportName.show 1

' P.S. the SELECT * FROM tblTableName part must be the
' same as what was build in your DataEnvironement,
' but Where clause and Oder by can be different.
' Then go in your report code section and select the

Private Sub DataReport_Initialize()
On Error GoTo ErrHandler

    If DataEnv.rsRgDept.State = 1 Then
        DataEnv.rsRgDept.Close
    End If
    ' reference made to my SQL variable as data source
    DataEnv.rsRgDept.Source = MyFormName.varTemp
    If DataEnv.rsRgDept.State = 0 Then
        DataEnv.rsRgDept.Open
    End If
    rptAbsRapport.Sections("PageHeader").Controls("lblTitre").Caption =
frmAbsenceQuery.varTitre
    DataEnv.rsRgDept.Requery

    Exit Sub
ErrHandler:
    msgbox Err.Number & " : " & Err.Description
End Sub

There is also another way to do it, Create your own data class and bind it
to your report.

Luc Sguin

Quote:
> I have a definde query with parameters that fills a temp{*filter*}table on
> MS-Access 97.

> This table is the data source of my data report.

> Sometimes works fine the first time... the next time repeat the same
> data (even when they have to change) it's like if data report needs some
> refresh.... (The refresh method doesn't work i've already tried)

> Other times it shows a blank page (even when it has to show data)...

> Is a problem from Data Report or Data Environment?

> How can I fix that?

> Please I really need your help

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need help dynamically refreshing CR data reports in VB5

2. Need help in dynamically refreshing report data from VB5

3. Data Report Refresh (not refreshing)

4. How to refresh data on a VB 6.0 Data Report

5. Data Refresh Problem in Data Report

6. refresh data in crystal reports report

7. Problem refreshing report data in crystal reports 4.6

8. Why data report don't refresh the data

9. Need som help, thanks

10. no one likes the DATA CONTROL

11. Clearing or refreshing Data Report, How ?

12. Data Report - Fehler beim zykl. Refresh