Printing records in grid???
Author Message
 Printing records in grid???

When printing a grid in access, printing knows enough to print all the rows
of the grid even if they aren't available.  When using Form.PrintForm in vb
it only prints the rows of the grid that are visible.  Is there a work
around that will allow printing all the rows in the grid in vb?

Thanks,
Darren

Sat, 27 Nov 2004 02:28:08 GMT
 Printing records in grid???
Your best bet is to design a Report to do this, rather than trying to print from the form.
Forms are really only for viewing, entering and manipulating data; Reports are for printing and
contain all the relevant tools for that job.

hth

hugh

Quote:

> When printing a grid in access, printing knows enough to print all the rows
> of the grid even if they aren't available.  When using Form.PrintForm in vb
> it only prints the rows of the grid that are visible.  Is there a work
> around that will allow printing all the rows in the grid in vb?

> Thanks,
> Darren

Sat, 27 Nov 2004 06:23:08 GMT
 Printing records in grid???
I'm not really familiar with printing reports in vb.  Do you have any
suggestions for websites that cover that?  Are you refering to reports in
Access or VB?

Thanks,
Darren

Quote:
> Your best bet is to design a Report to do this, rather than trying to

print from the form.
Quote:
> Forms are really only for viewing, entering and manipulating data; Reports

are for printing and
Quote:
> contain all the relevant tools for that job.

> hth

> hugh

> > When printing a grid in access, printing knows enough to print all the
rows
> > of the grid even if they aren't available.  When using Form.PrintForm in
vb
> > it only prints the rows of the grid that are visible.  Is there a work
> > around that will allow printing all the rows in the grid in vb?

> > Thanks,
> > Darren

Sat, 27 Nov 2004 19:40:01 GMT
 Printing records in grid???
Reports in Access, using Access VBA.  There are built-in wizards to get you started, then you
can tweak the code and layout to suit.  Also there's an excellent ng for this at
microsoft.public.access.reports.

Hugh

Quote:

> I'm not really familiar with printing reports in vb.  Do you have any
> suggestions for websites that cover that?  Are you refering to reports in
> Access or VB?

> Thanks,
> Darren

> > Your best bet is to design a Report to do this, rather than trying to
> print from the form.
> > Forms are really only for viewing, entering and manipulating data; Reports
> are for printing and
> > contain all the relevant tools for that job.

> > hth

> > hugh

> > > When printing a grid in access, printing knows enough to print all the
> rows
> > > of the grid even if they aren't available.  When using Form.PrintForm in
> vb
> > > it only prints the rows of the grid that are visible.  Is there a work
> > > around that will allow printing all the rows in the grid in vb?

> > > Thanks,
> > > Darren

Sun, 28 Nov 2004 01:51:15 GMT

1. Printing records in grid???

2. Print Preview, Print Grid; VBPro3

3. vb5 displays a record on screen but prints data from another record

4. Printing long records to file with long print stmt

5. How to restrict the number of records in a data grid

6. Data Grid will not delete record

7. Changing the colour of higlighted records on Data Grid

8. Linking Grid Row to Database Record

9. Help w/record width in Apex Data Grid?

10. record locking & grid

11. Best way to populate Grid with million(s) records ...

12. Adding record to DB Grid??