Why does SS Tab trap key events before the form traps them
Author Message
 Why does SS Tab trap key events before the form traps them

I am trying to trap keyboard events at the form level. I
have set the keyPreview propoerty of the form to true as
sugeested by Microsoft help to ensure that key events are
fired for the form before the controls. (i want this to
happen)
I have a SSTab placed on form and each tab in the SSTab
has a number of controls.
If I press F1 on the SSTab with the focus on the Tab
caption, first the SSTab_KeyDown event is fired and then
the form keydown event is fired TWICE!!

For other cases its behaving correctly i.e. the form key
down event is fired first and once.

Any solution/help/direction/suggestion would help.

Thanks

Vidit

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 06:09:22 GMT
 Why does SS Tab trap key events before the form traps them
You can try the TabStrip control, the feature on this control is correct.

Luke

rights.)

Fri, 01 Apr 2005 19:47:11 GMT

1. Why is TAB key trapped in Keypress event?

2. Can I trap the tab key in an event like keypress or keydown

3. KEY (Assignment) and KEY (Event Trapping) Commands

4. unable to trap arrow key with key down event

5. Form_keydown event traps AltGR key instead of Alt-Key

6. Trapping TAB Key

7. Trapping TAB key?

8. how to trap shift-tab key

9. Can you trap the TAB key?