Delta Files?
Author Message
 Delta Files?

Does anyone know of a control that can be used to create a delta file?
(a file that identifies the differences between 2 files)

What I need to do is compare two files. File1 (the base file) and
File2 (the base file with changes made to it). So that I would get a
delta file containing ony the changes made to the base file. I would
then save File1 and the delta file.  Also I would need the ability to
recreate File2 by applying the delta file to the base.

Does anyone know what I can use to do this?
Thanks
AJS

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 02:40:42 GMT
 Delta Files?
Sounds like you want SourceSafe. It comes with the Enterprise Visual Studio.

Quote:
> Does anyone know of a control that can be used to create a delta file?
> (a file that identifies the differences between 2 files)

> What I need to do is compare two files. File1 (the base file) and
> File2 (the base file with changes made to it). So that I would get a
> delta file containing ony the changes made to the base file. I would
> then save File1 and the delta file.  Also I would need the ability to
> recreate File2 by applying the delta file to the base.

> Does anyone know what I can use to do this?
> Thanks
> AJS

Sat, 13 Sep 2003 03:34:24 GMT

1. A control to perform WinDiff file deltas?

2. Differential / delta copy -- how?

3. Microsoft Delta - ANYBODY OUT THERE?

4. Differential / delta copy -- how?

5. ActiveX Gamma, Delta etc. etc: Why waste time?

6. How would you put (delta) T in a label caption?

7. DAO Blob Adding/Extracting (audio files, text files, image files, program files)

8. BuiltInDocumentProperties from non-Word text files + testing if a DOC file is a Word file

9. SAving a MS Word file to a PDF file and a text file

10. how to consolidate excel files into one file with each old file be

11. File Association and passing file name of associated file to VB App

12. DOS Batch File to Copy Files from an Access Application