Controlling MS Paper from a form/MS Office Document Scanning/Imaging
Author Message
 Controlling MS Paper from a form/MS Office Document Scanning/Imaging

Does anyone have experience with controlling the Microsoft Office Document
Imaging/scanning from a VB6 form.

What I want to do is automate the prosess of start the scan, get the image,
perform the OCR part, get the OCR words list.

I can see that there are commands in the mspcomn.ocx, mspthumb.ocx and
mspvwctl.ocx, but I cant find ANY documentation on how to use them. I have
tried to guess, but......

Any help?

Thx'n advance

JanG

Mon, 07 Nov 2005 15:42:53 GMT
 Controlling MS Paper from a form/MS Office Document Scanning/Imaging
Hi,

I don't think any of these objects are exposed for programming via automation
OM.

Thanks!
Bharat Patel
Microsoft, Visual Basic .NET

Please reply to newsgroups only. Thanks.

Tue, 08 Nov 2005 23:08:00 GMT
 Controlling MS Paper from a form/MS Office Document Scanning/Imaging
JanG,

I was also in need to work with the "windows picture and fax viewer"
on xp. Tried to get help. luckily i got this

Please refer to http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/index.html?code/imageapi/mswaidll.htm.

This should solve your problem.

Cheers,
venkrishna.

Quote:

> Does anyone have experience with controlling the Microsoft Office Document
> Imaging/scanning from a VB6 form.

> What I want to do is automate the prosess of start the scan, get the image,
> perform the OCR part, get the OCR words list.

> I can see that there are commands in the mspcomn.ocx, mspthumb.ocx and
> mspvwctl.ocx, but I cant find ANY documentation on how to use them. I have
> tried to guess, but......

> Any help?

> Thx'n advance

> JanG

Sat, 12 Nov 2005 20:27:21 GMT
 Controlling MS Paper from a form/MS Office Document Scanning/Imaging
Thx Krish for your reply.

I have already had a brief look at WIA at MSDN, but was not quite sure if
this was the way to go.

Did you get the WIA to work with a scanner as well?

And was you able to perform the OCR part of the Microsoft Office Document
Scanning?

JanG

Quote:
> JanG,

> I was also in need to work with the "windows picture and fax viewer"
> on xp. Tried to get help. luckily i got this

> Please refer to

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/index.html?code/imageapi/mswaidll.htm.
Quote:

> This should solve your problem.

> Cheers,
> venkrishna.

Quote:
> > Does anyone have experience with controlling the Microsoft Office
Document
> > Imaging/scanning from a VB6 form.

> > What I want to do is automate the prosess of start the scan, get the
image,
> > perform the OCR part, get the OCR words list.

> > I can see that there are commands in the mspcomn.ocx, mspthumb.ocx and
> > mspvwctl.ocx, but I cant find ANY documentation on how to use them. I
have
> > tried to guess, but......

> > Any help?

> > Thx'n advance

> > JanG

Sun, 13 Nov 2005 05:28:40 GMT

1. Use MS Office Document Image Write without setting is as a standard printer

2. Custom ActiveX controls cause MS-Office 2000 forms to crash

3. C++ Controls for MS Office Forms

4. how to scan image in black&white format using kodak image scan control

5. SEARCH ON MS OFFICE DOCUMENTS

6. MS Office Document Properties w/ VBA

7. Opening MS-Office Documents in Internet Exprorer

8. Accessing MS-Office 95 builtin document properties with VB

9. I need a control that functions like WordArt from MS Office

10. controlling the MS Office clipboard??

11. Legalities of using MS OFFICE Controls

12. Control based on MS Office 97 Toolbar