Control Arrays and SSTab
Author Message
 Control Arrays and SSTab

I have an app that loads a control array (the control array consists of
Command Buttons with style set to Graphical, so I can use different
icons based on the data) at run time. The users then drag from a grid
and drop jobs into these 'buckets'. That works fine. Now the users want
an added level of detail. The basic idea is to load an SSTab control
with as many tabs as there used to be 'buckets' (usually 8 or 9, but
never more than 15). That works fine. Into these tabs I load the
'buckets' as before, and there can be up to 10 buckets per tab. I set
the TAB property as I loop through a recordset, but the container
property is not tab specific. I set the container property of the
control to the SSTab control when I create it, set its icon, tooltip,
etc., but the net result is that none of the buttons are visible.  They
exist, there are no errors, the properties all look right in the watch
window, but they are not visible.

Tue, 16 Nov 2004 06:14:42 GMT
 Control Arrays and SSTab
The *very* easiest way to keep this from happening is... an array of
frames.. one per tab.. to avoid going into the details (this come up often)
below, you'll find 4 of my replies to similar questions. Each one describes
the "place *only* a single frame on each tab" benefits in one way of
another..

watch for link wrapping...

Subject: Re: resizing forms containing the sstab control
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=%23GlsxjhGBHA.924%40tk...
03

Subject: Re: How to: the ssTab control...
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=umS7b68Y%24GA.228%40cp...
02.microsoft.com

Subject: Re: SSTab doesn't fire Validate Event
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=OZekZ8jXBHA.1392%40tkm...
3

Subject: Re: SSTab
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=Ot4kdhiXAHA.254%40cpps...
.microsoft.com&prev=/groups%3Fas_q%3DSSTab%2520array%26as_oq%3Dframe%2520fra
mes%26as_uauthors%3DKen%2520Halter%26lr%3D%26num%3D50%26hl%3Den

Also, I'm working on (not much recently) a replacement.. but it's "not ready
for prime time" yet.. even so, it eliminates the need to add frames...
because it does it for you at runtime.. you have no choice <g> other than
that, there are a couple "tips and tricks" regarding tab controls in general
on that page.

TBDialogCTL
http://www.vbsight.com/TabbedDialog.htm

--
Ken Halter
MS-MVP-VB

Quote:

> I have an app that loads a control array (the control array consists
> of Command Buttons with style set to Graphical, so I can use different
> icons based on the data) at run time. The users then drag from a grid
> and drop jobs into these 'buckets'. That works fine. Now the users
> want an added level of detail. The basic idea is to load an SSTab
> control with as many tabs as there used to be 'buckets' (usually 8 or
> 9, but never more than 15). That works fine. Into these tabs I load
> the 'buckets' as before, and there can be up to 10 buckets per tab. I
> set the TAB property as I loop through a recordset, but the container
> property is not tab specific. I set the container property of the
> control to the SSTab control when I create it, set its icon, tooltip,
> etc., but the net result is that none of the buttons are visible.
> They exist, there are no errors, the properties all look right in the
> watch window, but they are not visible.

Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:23:03 GMT

1. Unloading control arrays on sstab control error

2. Control Array & SSTab

3. SSTab as a control array

4. Dynamic creation of Control Array on a SSTab

5. SSTAB with array of controls

6. DLLs & Control Arrays + Arrays of Controls

7. Q: Controls on ssTab control

8. Controls on dynamic SSTab control

9. ssTab control **BUG**/my controls vanish!

10. Referencing controls on SSTab control

11. SSTab control Bug..Loosing controls

12. Determine which tab a control is on on an SSTab control