F1 context sensitive help doesn't work on MDI child forms
Author Message
 F1 context sensitive help doesn't work on MDI child forms

Has anyone experienced and/or solved the problem of
F1 context sensitive help not working with native
Microsoft controls (textbox, buttons, combo box, listbox)
in Visual Basic 6.

In my program, I created MDI application and two MDI child forms
(let's say frmA and frmB, both with those basic controls).
When I first loaded frm A, F1 help works.  But when loading frmB
by clicking a button from frmA, it didn't work.  The help file is
opened but to the first page of the file, not  to the proper page
specified by the help context ID.

I am guessing that the active form that F1 help recognizes in an MDI
application is the first child form to be loaded.

Any comments or advice?
TIA

K.T.

Sun, 21 Aug 2005 06:48:57 GMT

1. Visual Studio Context Sensitive Help (F1) not linking to MSDN

2. context-sensitive (F1) help with pop-up menus

3. F1 does not bring up context-sensitive help

4. Context-sensitive Help: won't work!

5. Q: Form activate Fires On Non Child MDI Forms But Only Once On Child Mdi Forms

6. Help: Change a MDI child's parent MDI form at run-time

7. MDI and context sensitive help

8. KeyPreview doesn't work for F1 in Office Web Components

9. context sensitive help will not work

10. context sensitive help will not work

11. Help with MDI Forms and MDI child forms

12. MDI Form's menu replaced by MDI Child