Updating a Combobox after Database Update
Author Message
 Updating a Combobox after Database Update

Hello,

I appreciate any and all help with this one!

I have three forms with the following properties:

Form1 - MDIContainer - "Parent"
Form2 - MDIChild - "Child1" - contains a combobox that
contains company names stored in a database, also
contains the database connection, data adapter and data
set.
Form3 - MDIChild2 - "Child2" - a form to create and
delete customers from the database.

The problem:  If Child1 is open, when I create a new
customer using Child2, the combobox on Child1 is not
updated to show the new company name, and I have to close
and reopen Child1 to reflect the changes.  Also, if
Child1 is open and I delete a customer from the database,
the combobox is not updated.

The question:  is there a way to automatically have
Child2 make the combobox on Child1 "update" itself when a
customer is either added or deleted?  I have tried
accessing Child1 with no success, and if I Dim a new one
on Child2 then it doesn't access the currently opened
Child1.

Again, I appreciate any help that you all can give on
this.

- Robert Dempsey

Sun, 31 Jul 2005 00:42:42 GMT

1. updating textboxs when selecting combobox item from database

2. Updating a single OLE link for a record OR updating existing database

3. (DBGrid) Updating Appearance with out updating Database

4. updating controls on a form when database is updated

5. (DBGrid) Updating appearance without updating Database

6. ComboBox wont update another Field on same Form

7. Problem with updating combobox

8. Combobox: update to empty value???

9. Update Combobox

10. Update Combobox