message box no buttons
Author Message
 message box no buttons

Okay...I think another way would be using the staus line at the bottom of
the form or something similar.  I also thought about a splash screen with a
built-in timer.  My concern with any additional forms is retaining the
parent/child relationship to ensure the integrity of the forms (in other
words, ensuring the child form stays locked to the parent form in case the
parent gets minimized, destroyed, etc.  Maybe another option would be to
place an image/picture in the middle of the form that is visible when the
process is running and hidden when the process is completed.

Steve

Quote:
> I suppose one could use a hook and issue a ShowWindow() command against
the
> hwnd of the OK button.  But the app had better have a way to shut that
puppy
> down!

> I hopr Steve realizes as well that he can't show a modal dialog from his
app
> and expect his application to continue processing code.

> --

> Randy Birch
> MVP Visual Basic
> http://www.*-*-*.com/
> Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit.

> | Similar to a "Splash" form? if so, there's a template available for a
> | starting point. There's no built in method of showing a message box
> without
> | any buttons (that I've seen anyway)
> |
> | --
> | Ken Halter - MS-MVP-VB - Please keep it in the groups..
> | http://www.*-*-*.com/ ://www.vbsight.com/MultiColumn.htm
> |

> | > Is there anyway to display a message box without buttons or do I have
> | > to create a custom form.  I would like the box to be displayed at the
> | > beginning of a process and then turn it off at the end of the process
> | > without having to use okcancel buttons.
> | >
> | > Thanks
> | > Steve

Wed, 26 Jan 2005 22:54:19 GMT
 message box no buttons
Sounds like what you are describing is a form shown with the owner syntax
(ie form2.show, vbmodeless, Me) , that displays a message or progress AVI.
Check my site under animation ... you should find something to use there.
Just place an animation control on the info form (from common controls 2
library), and point the path to that AVI, ie,

         With Animation1
            .Close
            .Open App.Path & "\watch.avi"
            .AutoPlay = True
         End With

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

| Okay...I think another way would be using the staus line at the bottom of
| the form or something similar.  I also thought about a splash screen with
| built-in timer.  My concern with any additional forms is retaining the
| parent/child relationship to ensure the integrity of the forms (in other
| words, ensuring the child form stays locked to the parent form in case the
| parent gets minimized, destroyed, etc.  Maybe another option would be to
| place an image/picture in the middle of the form that is visible when the
| process is running and hidden when the process is completed.
|
| Steve
|

| > I suppose one could use a hook and issue a ShowWindow() command against
| the
| > hwnd of the OK button.  But the app had better have a way to shut that
| puppy
| > down!
| >
| > I hopr Steve realizes as well that he can't show a modal dialog from his
| app
| > and expect his application to continue processing code.
| >
| > --
| >
| > Randy Birch
| > MVP Visual Basic
| > http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
| > Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit.
| >

| > | Similar to a "Splash" form? if so, there's a template available for a
| > | starting point. There's no built in method of showing a message box
| > without
| > | any buttons (that I've seen anyway)
| > |
| > | --
| > | Ken Halter - MS-MVP-VB - Please keep it in the groups..
| > | http://www.vbsight.com/ - http://www.vbsight.com/MultiColumn.htm
| > |

| > |
| > |

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 02:48:06 GMT
 message box no buttons
Steve,

I use a big command button for this. With its 3-D borders it looks just like
a popped up window but is simple to make visible/invisible whenever you
want.

--
Tim Rude

(remove NOSPAM. for correct email address)

[Please reply via the newsgroup so all can benefit]

Quote:
> Okay...I think another way would be using the staus line at the bottom of
> the form or something similar.  I also thought about a splash screen with
> built-in timer.  My concern with any additional forms is retaining the
> parent/child relationship to ensure the integrity of the forms (in other
> words, ensuring the child form stays locked to the parent form in case the
> parent gets minimized, destroyed, etc.  Maybe another option would be to
> place an image/picture in the middle of the form that is visible when the
> process is running and hidden when the process is completed.

> Steve

> > I suppose one could use a hook and issue a ShowWindow() command against
> the
> > hwnd of the OK button.  But the app had better have a way to shut that
> puppy
> > down!

> > I hopr Steve realizes as well that he can't show a modal dialog from his
> app
> > and expect his application to continue processing code.

> > --

> > Randy Birch
> > MVP Visual Basic
> > http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
> > Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit.

> > | Similar to a "Splash" form? if so, there's a template available for a
> > | starting point. There's no built in method of showing a message box
> > without
> > | any buttons (that I've seen anyway)
> > |
> > | --
> > | Ken Halter - MS-MVP-VB - Please keep it in the groups..
> > | http://www.vbsight.com/ - http://www.vbsight.com/MultiColumn.htm

Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:57:44 GMT
 message box no buttons
Randy, are *you* posting from the future now? <g>

--
Tim Rude

(remove NOSPAM. for correct email address)

[Please reply via the newsgroup so all can benefit]

Quote:
> Sounds like what you are describing is a form shown with the owner syntax
> (ie form2.show, vbmodeless, Me) , that displays a message or progress AVI.
> Check my site under animation ... you should find something to use there.
> Just place an animation control on the info form (from common controls 2
> library), and point the path to that AVI, ie,

>          With Animation1
>             .Close
>             .Open App.Path & "\watch.avi"
>             .AutoPlay = True
>          End With

> --

> Randy Birch
> MVP Visual Basic
> http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
> Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit.

> | Okay...I think another way would be using the staus line at the bottom
of
> | the form or something similar.  I also thought about a splash screen
with
> | built-in timer.  My concern with any additional forms is retaining the
> | parent/child relationship to ensure the integrity of the forms (in other
> | words, ensuring the child form stays locked to the parent form in case
the
> | parent gets minimized, destroyed, etc.  Maybe another option would be to
> | place an image/picture in the middle of the form that is visible when
the
> | process is running and hidden when the process is completed.
> |
> | Steve
> |

> | > I suppose one could use a hook and issue a ShowWindow() command
against
> | the
> | > hwnd of the OK button.  But the app had better have a way to shut that
> | puppy
> | > down!
> | >
> | > I hopr Steve realizes as well that he can't show a modal dialog from
his
> | app
> | > and expect his application to continue processing code.
> | >
> | > --
> | >
> | > Randy Birch
> | > MVP Visual Basic
> | > http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
> | > Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit.

> | > without
> | > |
> | > |

> have
> the
> process

> | > |
> | > |

Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:59:04 GMT
 message box no buttons
Damn, I am!  I was writing code for someone to detect the time to prevent
running an app before 8 am, and screwed myself in the process. Thanks.

--

Randy Birch
MVP Visual Basic

| Randy, are *you* posting from the future now? <g>
|
| --
| Tim Rude
|

| (remove NOSPAM. for correct email address)
|
| [Please reply via the newsgroup so all can benefit]
|

| > Sounds like what you are describing is a form shown with the owner
syntax
| > (ie form2.show, vbmodeless, Me) , that displays a message or progress
AVI.
| > Check my site under animation ... you should find something to use
there.
| > Just place an animation control on the info form (from common controls 2
| > library), and point the path to that AVI, ie,
| >
| >          With Animation1
| >             .Close
| >             .Open App.Path & "\watch.avi"
| >             .AutoPlay = True
| >          End With
| >

| > --
| >
| > Randy Birch
| > MVP Visual Basic
| > http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
| > Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit.
| >

| > | Okay...I think another way would be using the staus line at the bottom
| of
| > | the form or something similar.  I also thought about a splash screen
| with
| > | built-in timer.  My concern with any additional forms is retaining the
| > | parent/child relationship to ensure the integrity of the forms (in
other
| > | words, ensuring the child form stays locked to the parent form in case
| the
| > | parent gets minimized, destroyed, etc.  Maybe another option would be
| > | place an image/picture in the middle of the form that is visible when

| the
| > | process is running and hidden when the process is completed.
| > |
| > | Steve
| > |

| against
| > | the
| > | puppy

| his
| > | app

| > | > |
| > | > |

| > have
| > the
| > process

| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:02:40 GMT
 message box no buttons
Randy...
If you know what the stock market will do in the future, please let me know.
I could use the money! :-)
Steve

Quote:
> Damn, I am!  I was writing code for someone to detect the time to prevent
> running an app before 8 am, and screwed myself in the process. Thanks.

> --

> Randy Birch
> MVP Visual Basic
> http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
> Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit.

> | Randy, are *you* posting from the future now? <g>
> |
> | --
> | Tim Rude
> |

> | (remove NOSPAM. for correct email address)
> |
> | [Please reply via the newsgroup so all can benefit]
> |

> | > Sounds like what you are describing is a form shown with the owner
> syntax
> | > (ie form2.show, vbmodeless, Me) , that displays a message or progress
> AVI.
> | > Check my site under animation ... you should find something to use
> there.
> | > Just place an animation control on the info form (from common controls
2
> | > library), and point the path to that AVI, ie,
> | >
> | >          With Animation1
> | >             .Close
> | >             .Open App.Path & "\watch.avi"
> | >             .AutoPlay = True
> | >          End With
> | >

> | > --
> | >
> | > Randy Birch
> | > MVP Visual Basic
> | > http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
> | > Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit.

> | of
> | with
> other
> | the
when

> | the
> | > |
> | > |

> | against
> that

> | his

message

> for
> box
> | > | > |
> | > | > |

> | > have
> at
> | > the
> | > process

> | > | > |
> | > | > |

> | > |
> | > |

Thu, 27 Jan 2005 22:48:26 GMT

1. Message Box without an OK button

2. Custom Text on Buttons in a Message Box?

3. Disabled Close Buttons on Message Boxes in W/95

4. Please Wait Message Box with out Buttons ...

5. Message box with no buttons

6. defining message box button captions

7. message box custom buttons?

8. Using Message Box as a Stand-by Message

9. Why does Message Box does not display complete Message

10. Pocket PC Message and Importand message boxes

11. creating a text box errors message for empty text box

12. Permission denied when using Input boxes and message boxes