Date Time Picker & Null dates
Author Message
 Date Time Picker & Null dates

Hi. I'm using a date/time picker to display/update a date field on a
database. When the value of the date field on the database is null (or when
adding a record), is it possible to make the date/time picker control show a
blank?

Thanks in advance.

Ernie

Sat, 11 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Date Time Picker & Null dates

Quote:

>I'm using a date/time picker to display/update a date field on a
>database. When the value of the date field on the database is null (or when
>adding a record), is it possible to make the date/time picker control show
>blank?

You can't get it to show a blank date. The way the date picker works is to
show a Null date by unchecking a check box. By default, this checkbox
doesn't show, but you can set the CheckBox property to True to allow it to
accept Null values and, therefore, show the checkbox.

If that doesn't seem like the best UI idea you've ever heard of, well, I
agree with you. But that's the way you have to do things unless you want to
either write your own date picker control or buy a 3rd party product that
does this differently.

Frank Carr

Sun, 12 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. DATE TIME PICKER DOESN'T SEEM TO RECOGNIZE NULL

2. Null values in Date Time Picker

3. Date Time Picker and null value

4. Date/Time picker and calculating date differences

5. Output format of date (using ActiveX Windows date time picker)

6. MS Date & Time Picker Control ver 6.0

7. Date & Time Picker Control

8. Date&Time picker

9. Null date values in Date/Time fields in Access DB

10. Compare date in form with date/time in form with date/time in database

11. Date Time picker with checkbox- remove time?

12. Allow A Null Value For A Date Picker