Help with Winsock Control Error: Connection is forcefully rejected.
Author Message
 Help with Winsock Control Error: Connection is forcefully rejected.

Does anyone know what would cause this error:
Connection is forcefully rejected. 10061
from the winsock control over a network? Im trying to connect to a server on
the same network and when I use the connect method I get this in the error
event. The thing is, the server program isn't receiving a connection
request, so something else is blocking it? Any ideas?

CBalmer

Sat, 20 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with Winsock Control Error: Connection is forcefully rejected.
You will get this message when the client attempts to connect to a server
that is not listening, or is listening to a different port than the client
is attempting to connect to (which in essence again means the client its
trying to contact to a server isn't listening, because it doesn't exist).

--

Randy Birch, MVP Visual Basic

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
http://www.mvps.org/ccrp/

| Does anyone know what would cause this error:
| Connection is forcefully rejected. 10061
| from the winsock control over a network? Im trying to connect to a server
on
| the same network and when I use the connect method I get this in the error
| event. The thing is, the server program isn't receiving a connection
| request, so something else is blocking it? Any ideas?
|
| CBalmer

Sat, 20 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Help with Winsock Control Error: Connection is forcefully rejected.
oh my god, I completely forgot about listening! Thanks for helping me. Heh,
I feel kind of stupid =) Been so long since I used VB. But that was it,
forgot to invoke the listening method first

Chris

Quote:
> You will get this message when the client attempts to connect to a server
> that is not listening, or is listening to a different port than the client
> is attempting to connect to (which in essence again means the client its
> trying to contact to a server isn't listening, because it doesn't exist).

> --

> Randy Birch, MVP Visual Basic

> http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
> http://www.mvps.org/ccrp/

> | Does anyone know what would cause this error:
> | Connection is forcefully rejected. 10061
> | from the winsock control over a network? Im trying to connect to a
server
> on
> | the same network and when I use the connect method I get this in the
error
> | event. The thing is, the server program isn't receiving a connection
> | request, so something else is blocking it? Any ideas?
> |
> | CBalmer

Sun, 21 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Winsock Error 10016 "Connection forcefully rejected"

2. Winsock Error 10061: Connection is forcefully rejected

3. Connection is forcefully rejected error with Inet control

4. Winsock 10061 Connection is forcefully rejected

5. WINSOCK: Connection is forcefully rejected ...

6. winsock control ! connection forcefully rejected.

7. winsock control generate error while opening connection

8. MS Winsock 2.0 control second connection error

9. Multiple Winsock-Connections to a server AND Winsock-Connection to a server minimized in systray

10. Help - I am getting an error using data control

11. Winsock Control Error 2 winsock.listen

12. Automation error Call was rejected by callee