can't insert new recoeds to a query (ole error 438)
Author Message
 can't insert new recoeds to a query (ole error 438)

Please help !

vb 4.0 prof.

I have 3 tables in access:

A table contaning code + name
B table contaning code + name

C table contaning ACode (from table A) and BCode (from table B).

I made a query Q contaning C table fields and the AName (name from A table)
and BName (name from B table).

i built a formwith data control and a DBGrid.
the data control recordSource = Q (the query).

when i'm inserting a new record using the addNew i get an error on the
Update operation "object dosen't support this property or method" (error
438).

this does NOT append if i insert the record with the data control
selectors.

please reply 2:

thanx.

Thu, 12 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 can't insert new recoeds to a query (ole error 438)

Hi

Quote:
> C table contaning ACode (from table A) and BCode (from table B).
> i built a formwith data control and a DBGrid.
> the data control recordSource = Q (the query).
> this does NOT append if i insert the record with the data control
> selectors.

Refer to Visual Basic help, updatable queries, you will find that queries
from more than 2 tables are not updatable, if I can remember right

Hassan

Thu, 12 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. can't insert new recoeds to a query (ole error 438)

2. Run-Time Error '438'

3. ole 438 error

4. Oracle Objects for OLE and VB Error 438

5. Error 438 - Object doesn't support this property or method

6. DB2 v5.2 - Error 438 object doesn't support this property or method

7. VB Run time error 438 : Object doesn't support this property or method

8. VB5 Err: 438 Obj doesn't support property or method

9. Help!- 438- Object doesn't support this property or method

10. VB4-16 / Err 438 Object doesn't support this method or property

11. Need help with error 438!!!

12. wordbasic statement "AppMaximize" generates error 438